Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Jaxmon,

The recipient of the Virtuti Militari Numbered 1792 was Podporucznik Konstanty Zaborowski, 5th Infantry Division (5DP) award announced in Daily Orders dated 16th February 1921.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    thank you Andrzej

Hello.
    Has arrived!! Follow the photos, I would like to know your opinions on this.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread
    number 4495

Virtuti Militari Thread

Hello Argonne1918,

Many thanks for your post the Virtuti Militari Numbered 4495 was awarded to Porucznik (Lieutenant) Aleksander KULIKOWSKI born 5th March 1892 also awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Cross of Valour) served with the 10PUL (10 Pułk Ułanów Litewskich).

In the Rocznik Oficerski 1923 (Officers Yearbook 1923) he is listed as serving in 10PUL but by this time he was in the reserves.

That is all that I have been able to find for you on this officer, I hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej

Yes, I am very satisfied with an information ... it is very precious.

I am very happy that she is original VM !!! I know where this other Medal (Cross of Valour) .. I'm going to put the whole together.

Best wishes
    Lambert

Virtuti Militari Thread

?

Hello Lambert,
    Your cross is 100% original Polish government ordered issue, made by firm of Krupski & Matulewicz. Great find
    Simon

?

Hello Everyone:
    VM:Lucky 13. Look at thirteen in list awarded VM za wojnę 1919-20.
    Zarys historii wojennej pułków polskich 1918-1920:10 pułk ułanów litewskich.-z polecenia/recommended
    Wojskowego Biura Historycznego,opracował/developed rotmistrz Henryk Buszyński,Warszawa 1929.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

?

Item 12 of this list:Cpl. Stanislaw KAJTEL:10th Uhlan/Lancers Regiment Święciany,Litwa 20.02.1922
    American design jacket, medal - Virtuti Militari Order of the 5th class, commemorative badges - Lithuanian-Belarusian Front and Lithuanian-Belarusian Division, on the right pocket of the Dowborian cross. He worked in the Odolany brickyard near Warsaw (today the district of Wola-Warsaw).
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Attached Images Attached Images Virtuti Militari Thread 

We almost met our man. Great research !!

Thanks for sharing .

This VM Cross numbered 4495 has arrived..... and gone with the eBay..... without putting together with Cross of Valour....

Virtuti Militari Thread

Hi Jacek,

Yes, Mr. Argonne may be more of a dealer than a collector. This sort of thing happens on this and other collector forums all the time. And there’s an understandable feeling of being taken advantage of when that person you thought you were helping turns out not to be a budding collector, but rather someone digging for free info to help max the profits on their quick flips. This forum does not exist for those people, but there’s little one can do about it. Perhaps as a gesture of appreciation he can dip into his ebay windfall and, well, let the forum administrator Ade’s words take it from here:

“Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!”

And as far as the supposed KW that was to be reunited with the VM, I’m not sure how true all that was. Looking back it does seem like a smoke screen to hide the real motive of authenticating the VM. But maybe not. He's welcome back to explain.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast