Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Tomasz,

May I also add my congratulations as well, I have found the following photograph of the General taken in 1919, which I thought you might like to see and download.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Jakub Gąsiecki was born on the 25th July 1860 in Olkusz, he commanded an Austrian Infantry Brigade in WW1 and he retired on the 7th January 1917. Once Poland had regained its independence he joined the Polish Army in 1918 and was given command of the 11th Infantry Division on the 11th August 1919. By August 1920 he was Deputy Commander of the Defence of Warsaw.

He was also awarded the KW and ZKZ.

He died on the 2nd May 1933 and was buried in Military section of the Rakowicki Cemetery in Krakow.

I hope it helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Virtuti Militari Thread

Thanks Andrzej.

Here is a page from " Dziennik Personalny MSW " dated 24 March 1922 showing Virtuti Militari awards to some Generals, including Jakub Wlostowiec-Gasiecki.

Hello Tony,
    I was wondering if you could privately contact me regarding the above post and medal number 199.
    regards
    krisgaz

Please contact me. I would like to speak to you about the VM. it belonged to my great grandfather. His daughter is still alive and well.

Dear Michiel01, I can give you information on this VM as it belonged to my Great grandfather

Quote by krisgaz View Post
    Hello Tony,
    I was wondering if you could privately contact me regarding the above post and medal number 199.
    regards
    krisgaz
    Hello Kris, can you let me know which post # you are referring to? I took a quick look but could not find “medal number 199”.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

VM 199 Page 13, Post 127 & 128 & 130

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello, we added new videos of Virtuti Militari 1831. Happy New Year!

https://youtu.be/qy_T6Y1WwaA

https://youtu.be/NjiGub3tgLY

https://youtu.be/TEXIhcN3sQQ

?

I just saw this cross for sale a few days ago and I was wondering what the story behind these crosses is who made them who this one was awarded to. Attachment 1149087Attachment 1149088

To me looks like a standard gov issue but engraved with very high number

You're correct, this is a government issue VM made by Krupski & Matulewicz (KiM). It sold a week or so ago, and the seller misidentified the maker as Grupa Techniczna product. The full name is Grupa Techniczna Ośrodka Radio Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza w Londynie.

This is a cross from the batch of unawarded VM's evacuated out of Poland in September 1939. This particular series of crosses with the engraved serial numbers are rumoured to have been from a special government order to Kim for higher quality crosses intended for awarding to foreigners. As we all know, the standard KiM VM's were somewhat crude, and there was dissatisfaction with them. Hence the government orders placed with Knedler and Reising. It appears that the government hadn't yet given up on KiM when placing the order for these.

VM # 10082 was awarded to plut. podch. Tadeusza Węgrzyn of the 5KDP, Polish 2nd Corps.

Confusion between the KiM and Grupa Techniczna croses is understandable as the latter's product was similar in several respects. A side by side comparison does brings out the differences:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast