Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Everyone,

Whilst surfing today I came across the following Legitymacja

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Numbered 3429 awarded to Podporucznik Ignacy Raczkowski 9 P.A.P.

Rocznik Oficerski 1923, Pages : 731,825, Porucznik, 462nd in seniority from 1st June 1919, 9 P.A.P.

Rocznik Oficerski 1924, Pages : 654,749, Porucznik Art. 162nd in seniority from 1st June 1919, 9 P.A.P.

Rocznik Oficerski 1928, Pages : 383,470, Kapitan Art. 26th in seniority from 1st January 1927, 9 P.A.P. VM 5th

Rocznik Oficerski 1932, Pages : 192, 727, Kapitan Art. 23rd in seniority from 1st January 1927, 1PAPLot. VM 5th, SKZ.

Kapitan Ignacy Raczkowski was born on the 10th November 1896 in Miegiany, Lithuania.

The only other thing I found out about this officer was the following :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Grave of Kapitan Ignacy Raczkowski at Rothesay Cemetery, died Tuesday 11th May 1943, in the book of soldiers killed in the west during WW2, his entry is as follows : Born : 10, 9 (11) 1896.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello everyone,
    Could you please help me identify this VM. I was told that the maker of this particular VM is Spink.
    Thank you,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Feniks,

The recent Wojciech Stela reference identifies this cross as a Bialkiewicz product. Thus far Bialkiewicz is known to have made copies of the Middle East ("Rubin") VM, although it is possible that he produced this version also. I hold Mr. Stela in high esteem and I will as him for his source of this ID the next time we speak.

Known Spink crosses exist in two distinct versions* which are of a completely different design to the cross you have pictured. A collector in Europe has speculated that this is a Spink product based on its association with the General Anders decorations on display at the PISM. I'd hesitate to conclude that it's a Spink based on this alone. No concrete evidence was put forth.

My hunch is that this is a copy produced post war in a small batch for sale as replacements. This could very well be an early Bialkiewicz effort, or maybe a special order higher grade run he produced for senior officers (which is the only place I have seen this cross). As we all know, Colonel Bialkiewicz operated a busy London based jewelry business post war and was very active in veteran’s circles, which included the production of replacement badges and decorations. He held a high profile and would have been a logical choice for VM recipients who settled in the UK to procure replacement crosses from.

Either way, a cool VM and certainly one that I wouldn’t mind adding to my collection.

*there is a third type which is a hybrid of the two main Spink types

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following whilst surfing today :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 110 awarded to Podporucznik Kazimierz Pruszkowski, who by 1933 was a Major serving with 7PPLegion, Born 24th April 1897, he was 27th in Seniority promoted to Major 1st January 1932

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Major Antoni Hyży photograph and service book VM KW x 2 ZKZ, Born 14th March 1893, promoted to Major 1st January 1928 ranked 71st in seniority, serving with 65pp awarded the Virtuti Militari Cross Numbered : 4701 when serving as a Porucznik.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Currently for sale on Allegro the following Virtuti Militari Silver Cross :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Reverse Numbered 9434 awarded to Porucznik Naw. P-0257, Zbigniew Kazimierz Staerz 301 Squadron.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Born in Kraków on the 15th November 1911, he was stationed at 16SFTS (P), at RAF Newton, He was killed on the 18th February 1945 when the plane he was Piloting a North American Harvard IIB, Number : FT395 was in collision with an Airspeed Oxford I Number : EB797 piloted by Kpt Radomir Ryszard Walczak, both pilots were killed.

Kapitan Zbigniew Kazimierz Staerz was also awarded the KW x 4, ML x 3 etc.

He was buried in grave Nr : P328

Virtuti Militari Thread

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. double click the photographs to enlarge in a new window, link to auction below.

SREBRNY KRZYŻ VIRTUTI MILITARI 9434 - 301 DYW.BOMB (7383265237) - Allegro.pl - Więcej niż aukcje.

Hello Everyone,

With regards to the last post, the other Pilot killed was Kapitan P-1441 Radomir Ryszard Walczak, Born in Hamburg on the 2nd March 1914, he served in both 301 Squadron and 138 Special Duties Squadron. He had been awarded the Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Nr : 9647, the KW x 4 and the ML x 2.

He was buried in grave P327 next to Kpt Zbigniew Kazimierz Staerz at the Polish War Cemetery in Newark upon Trent

Photograph of Kpt Walczak and his Grave :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Kpt. Radomir Ryszard Walczak

Virtuti Militari Thread

Kpt Radomir Ryszard Walczak grave at Newark upon Trent Polish War Cemetery.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Whilst surfing on this special day for Father's, I came across the following :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Order wojenny Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 4435 belonging to General Brygady Stefan Wiktor Paweł Pasławski

Virtuti Militari Thread

Wachmistrz podchorąży Stanisław Szwajcer 1PUL killed in action 13th September 1939 awarded the Virtuti Militari Numbered : 12010.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku

Is it possible to provide a cross number Virtuti Militari c.V:rotmistrz BARTOSIAK Wacław the commander of my grandfather's unit in the 1939 campaign.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    rtm.BARTOSIAK Wacław

Bohaterowie 1939

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Museum Łambinowice-Opole note my gradfather Antoni.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Military certificate 1947.

My gradfather Antoni & wife Sabina.
    Virtuti Militari Thread

Unit my gradfather's in the 1939 campain:

Bohaterowie 1939

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Praise the heroes!!!

THANK YOU

Ps.:I have a list of awarded items-VM- only soldiers PSZ.

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Artur,

Unfortunately he is not listed in either the Wesolowski Register or the Suchcitz Register of Recipients of the Virtuti Militari, that only leaves the PRL Register which I do not have a copy of.

Perhaps one of the other Forum members might have a copy and be able to assist you in this.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone

A Few more Faces of Recipients of the Virtuti Militari Cross:

Virtuti Militari Thread
    1.BASTYR Stefan 1890-1920,VM c.V nr...?

Virtuti Militari Thread
    2.BERG Leopold 1894-1940,VM c.V nr 2678.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    3.BURCZAK Kazimierz 1895-1940,VM c.V nr 4799..

Virtuti Militari Thread
    4.COOPER Merian 1893-1973,VM c.V nr...?

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Cooper & polish pliots 303 sqadron.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    5.EJCZUN Józef 1894-1940,VM c.V nr 5852.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    6.JAROSZYŃSKI Zbigniew 1900-1991,VM c.V nr...?

A few VM's notes:

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread

Ps.:A few VM's certificate:

Virtuti Militari Thread
    1.Col.BECKER Józef 1873-1925,VM c.V nr 4563.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    2.LtnCol.Łapiński Stanisław 1891-1922,VM c.V nr 52.

Virtuti Militari Thread
    3.VM Legit nr 9952:cpl.off.cad.JELECKI Ryszard,no kanonier.

Best wishes

Artur

Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast