Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Everyone,

The following Virtuti Militari has just been listed on Allegro :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered 710 awarded to Por. Alojzy Mazurkiewicz 12DP, 1923 served in 52PP attached 12DP, 1928 Kapitan 3PSP, 1932 Major 1st Jan 1930 VM, KN, KW x 2, SKZ.

Link to the page is below :

VIRTUTI MILITARI - SREBRNY KRZYŻ 8722980659 - Allegro.pl

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another day and another Virtuti Militari Silver Cross for sale on Allegro :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

The Virtuti Militari Silver Cross reverse Numbered : 121 was awarded to Podporucznik Mieczysław Chudziński, Born on the 4th December 1895, (Wesolowski has him as serving in the 55PP when awarded the VM, but the Internet states that he served in the 57PP).

Also awarded the KN, KW, SKZ, etc.

Promoted to Kapitan on the 1st July 1923, the Rocznik Oficerski for 1923 lists him as serving in the 57PP attached to the Army Central School for Gymnastics and Sport.

Mieczysław Chudziński died on the 28th January 1963 and was buried in the Family grave in the Cemetery at Czempiniu

Virtuti Militari Thread

Link to the page on Allegro.pl is below :

VIRTUTI MILITARI - rządowy - numerowany 8726295976 - Allegro.pl

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Tony Zawadzki and Everyone

Options:
    Authentication Guarantee: Seller Warranty.
    Large voluminous Polish order VIRTUTI MILITARI - Virtuti Militari - Large cross of the I class in the original box of the 1930s. Duplicate pre-war production. Material bronze, gilding, hot jewelry enamel. 9 x 5.3 cm. Weight. 64 g. Condition is excellent. Rare:

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread

WHAT can be said about this cross and who made it?

Any comments are appreciated...

THX

Best wishes

Artur

Panasiuk.

?

Good day esteemed experts and fellow lurkers. I have 3 more Virtuti Militarii for review. I am fairly confident on my assessment of the first two, but the third I'm not so sure of. Any and all information is welcome.

1. Early 1920's Jan Knedler Jeweler's Copy, 5th Class
    2. 5th Class awarded to Jozef Kowalski #4348 on 1/26/1922 (Kapral 44 PP S Kres) - would be great to know what he did to earn it
    3. Unknown, I have not seen one like this, it's possible not original and I have seen many over the years, just not like this (has been in my family's possession for 30+ years) but the design and style would possibly place it in the 1809-1813 era.

Thanks in advance for looking and your answers!

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread

?

Hello TGAZ

VM number 4348 was awarded to kapral Józef KOWALSKI.Dziennik Personalny number 1.-26.1.1922 page 14.Dekret Naczelnego Wodza number L.2837:
    Mistakenly given rank of captain?:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Would be great to know what he did to earn it:
    Files are available:

Wojskowe Biuro Historyczne

WBH sygn.I.482.55-4693, VM:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Awarded probably also KW:

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread

Best wishes

Artur

?

Hi Artur,

This is great thanks for helping! Two things:

1. Interesting on the rank error, in the first picture with his signature it say Kprl. In Wesolowski's book and also the wiki page for the 44th Pulk Regiment list him as Kapral.
    2. How do you use the website to gain any information, when I click on the 'Detale' link it doesn't pull anything up (for anyone I try), please look at what I'm seeing:
    Wojskowe Biuro Historyczne

?

I don't like them all.
    1st allegedly Knedler's VM silver hallmark and maker's mark are questionable. Cross appears to be casting made. Best part is a ribbon.
    2nd again looks like casted cross. Wrong digits profile. Not a government issued cross.
    3rd most popular copy of Warsaw Dukedom version Rex at Patria.
    Sorry to bear bad news

?

Hi Jaxmon, can you educate me a bit on Cross 1 and 2? What is it about the hallmarks and numbering that don't look right? Also, can you expand on the casting portion and how I would know this?

Thanks in advance.

Additional Spcs:
    #1 Cross. 12.34 grams / 3.81mm thickness at center / 36.55mm width
    #2. Cross 10.87 grams / 3.61mm thickness at center / 36.29mm width

#1 Cross side pics:

#2 Cross side pics:
    Virtuti Militari Thread

?

VM crosses made before 1939 were profile stamped, either official government issue or private purchase version. Your VMs appear to be cast metal. Inscription Honor I Ojczyzna isn't crisp and sharp. Both have odd connectors (cross joining ring), just to point two deficiencies. Compare Polish silver hallmarks with hallmarks on your cross. Compare 4348 digits with official government issue digits.
    Check this thread. There are many VM crosses to compare to.

Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast