Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What is your advice for shopping for militaria in Poland?

Article about: I will be traveling through Warsaw, Cracow, Bialystok and Malbork in late September and early October. I hope to find daggers, swords and badges or other interesting things. What is your adv

?

Default What is your advice for shopping for militaria in Poland?

I will be traveling through Warsaw, Cracow, Bialystok and Malbork in late September and early October. I hope to find daggers, swords and badges or other interesting things. What is your advice to me for shopping for pre-Soviet era military items?

3mk
    ?

Default Re: What is your advice for shopping for militaria in Poland?

Hi Loggie,

My best advice would to be find out about some antique markets happening in those area's, the ones I've been too are usually on the first or last Sunday of each month. Try to come very early, as that's when all the gems are still there. Get to know the prices of items by looking at items on Allegro.pl as many sellers will over price their items. If your not confident the item is original, your best bet is to pass as you may encounter many old copies of badges and decorations. Most dealers tend to overprice their militaria at crazy prices, so your best bet would be to stick to markets. But you still may encounter some dealers with decent prices. Enjoy your trip

Buy books ahead of time, take them along and do lots of research. If you know what you might be looking for specifically, do some research here on War Relics and on Wehrmacht Awards and try to find out what good or better condition original items are selling for on Allegro and Ebay.

Caveat Emptor

?

What is your advice for shopping for militaria in Poland?I have returned from Poland. I did not get to the flea markets and the dealers had only non-Polish grot, but I saw the museums at Malbork, Krakow and Warsaw. The museums have many wonderful edged weapons, and a lot of textiles (uniforms) in very good condition if they are two hundred years old. I saw the two daggers in the accompanying photo in the Polish Army Museum, and remember what you said about the colors of the grips of authentic daggers (orange) and copies (white). Do you have any observations about copies in the museums' displays?

zet
    ?

I do not know from what have You got this information?White handle copy orange is originall,sory to say it but it is completelly absurd.Please take a look at my collection showing on Facebook.The are are many diferent materials and colors of the grips in Polish daggers pre ww2.The devil is in the details not the colors.Unfortunatelly it so hard to find originall polish militaria in Poland.If You are looking something interetsing I can give contact to the dealer in Cracow not cheap but oiriginall stuff with full refund inspection.All the best Ted ,and once more please do not say white grip is a copy.Kind regards Ted