Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

What are your opinions of these badges?

Article about: Hi, I recently bought a small collection of Polish militaria, and I'm trying to separate the bad from the good. The 2nd cavalry badge came with the Knedler spinner and is numbered on the rev

Default What are your opinions of these badges?

Hi,

I recently bought a small collection of Polish militaria, and I'm trying to separate the bad from the good. The 2nd cavalry badge came with the Knedler spinner and is numbered on the reverse. The American volunteers badge is heavy and looks to be cast. Other than that, the 4th armored badge is made of separate pieces, although doesn't look quite right.

What are your thoughts on these? Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are your opinions of these badges?   What are your opinions of these badges?  

What are your opinions of these badges?   What are your opinions of these badges?  

What are your opinions of these badges?   What are your opinions of these badges?  

I can't help but with the huge amount of third reich junk coming out of Poland now these may fall in with them and caution, caution, caution is the mantra these days.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Od the nine badges here, the two on the bottom right (small eagle over crossed swords and the crossed rifles on shield) are unknown to me. The "Kaniow 4DS" badge is a fantasy piece. The rest are copies save the small eagle at the bottom. This is a hat eagle produced shortly after the war by L. Christian Lauer of Nuremberg for the Polish guard units serving alongside the allies on occupied German territory. A scarcely seen eagle.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Od the nine badges here, the two on the bottom right (small eagle over crossed swords and the crossed rifles on shield) are unknown to me. The "Kaniow 4DS" badge is a fantasy piece. The rest are copies save the small eagle at the bottom. This is a hat eagle produced shortly after the war by L. Christian Lauer of Nuremberg for the Polish guard units serving alongside the allies on occupied German territory. A scarcely seen eagle.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write. I know Polish militaria is rare and valuable, so I'm not surprised that most are fakes. Have a nice day.