Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger

Article about: I am thinking of selling my wz.24/37 Polish officer's dagger, could someone tell me how much it is worth considering the damage, please ? The previous seller said the photo was of the Polish

Default wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger

I am thinking of selling my wz.24/37 Polish officer's dagger, could someone tell me how much it is worth considering the damage, please ?

The previous seller said the photo was of the Polish officer who brought it back at the end of the Polish campaign from the battlefield. The officer's signiture is on the back of the photo.

He thought the damage was done by shrapnel. He said that by looking at the capband with his knowledge of b&w photos, the capband was blue meaning a infantry unit, on the officer's shouder eppaullets by the rank is no.10 in numbers standing for 10th infantry regiment if the last seller was right about the capband colour.

The photo is not for sale, but I will add a Excellent copy of the front and back of the photo, for the winning bidder.

I am selling it to get some more money for genuine Polish militaria and to be able to upgrade to a complete pre-war (1930's) officer's dagger.

I am thinking of listing it in the for sale part of the forum.

Tony told me that it is a "scarce ‘mid-production’ Borowski that is not often seen". He says that he thinks the production date is from "1930-35".

Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger   wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  

Attached Images Attached Images wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger  wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger 
    Last edited by justin1939; 12-02-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: capital letters

Default Re: wz.24/37 Polish Officer's Dagger

Quote by justin1939 View Post
    I am thinking of selling my wz.24/37 Polish officer's dagger, could someone tell me how much it is worth considering the damage, please ? . . .
    Justin, It’s blind stab in uncharted territory, but maybe someone would be willing to drop say $200 - $300 for the parts that could be used to restore another dagger.

Complete daggers in good condition are now fetching in the $1300 - $1600 range.

Regards,
    Tony