Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wz 31 Helmet

Article about: This one arrived yesterday, an ebay purchase. My main areas are TR and US helmets, but I have wanted one of these for a while. It is complete, down to the wire attachment device on the long

Default Re: Wz 31 Helmet

I just wanted to thank you all for your candid evaluation of the helmet. I had paid for it with Paypal, and when the seller refused to agree to a return I opened a dispute, which was granted. I posted the return today, and should receive a refund in a few days. Thanks again. I think I will stick to TR and US helmets in the future, since I think I have a fairly good handle on them. Cheers, Jim G.

That great to hear Jim. If you do ever come across another one of these that tempts you just remember we're here to help. One bad experience shouldn't prevent you from adding a good wz.31 to your collection.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Well, today the refund was issued by paypal, and, coincidentally, today I noticed that the seller has relisted the helmet on ebay, and still has not indicated that it is a repaint with repro parts. The bidding is over $350, and I fear that soon another poor trusting soul not unlike myself is buying into a hassle. I alerted paypal to the fact that he was at it again, and they said that they would "watch" him - what ever that means. All I can say is paypal lived up to their buyer protection guarantee, and for that I am very appreciative. Thanks again for all of your candid and astute evaluations of this item, you all saved me a sizable chunk of change. Jim G.

good to hear that you got the money back but the seller should at least inform others about the redone salamander
    btw he is selling it as is :-)

3mk
    ?

Glad you got your money back, next time you can post the auction photos on the forum to make sure its a good lid

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear that you've recovered your funds. Unfortunately for the seller, he's proven that he's a crook. Please post the link to the ebay auction.

Regards,
    Tony

PS: currently up for auction on Allegro is this genuine example:

He
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997650533_5.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	284018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	284019  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997650533.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	284020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997650533_3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	284021  

Name:	1997650533_7.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	284022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997650533_6.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	284023  

Name:	1997650533_1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	284024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997650533_4.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	284025  

Name:	1997650533_2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	284026  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I am an old man with virtually no computer skills and I do not know how to post a link. The new US ebay item number is 270880324915. Cheers, Jim G.

I didn't want to post a link but the seller's name is hussarmetal. And the helmet has six bids and is going for $314.00. What a shame!

Luke

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    I didn't want to post a link but the seller's name is hussarmetal. And the helmet has six bids and is going for $314.00. What a shame!

Luke
    Thanks Jim and Luke.

This “ hussarmetal ” is the joker that sells artificially aged reproduction badges as being genuine. His offerings have been discussed here previously. No harm no foul in posting the auction link, and by posting his seller ID it opens up a possibility that someone may pick up on this thread if running a web search. Let’s give this crook some free publicity. If it stops a single potential customer then it will be worth it.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast