Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap, maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?

Article about: Hello, I have seen this Cap on the Wehrmacht Awards forum. Here is the link - polish prewar field cap - "rogatywka" - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums I would be extremely int

Default Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap, maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?

Hello,

I have seen this Cap on the Wehrmacht Awards forum.

Here is the link - polish prewar field cap - "rogatywka" - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I would be extremely interested to know your opinions on the cap and so would the owner.

I have given my opinion based on what I have learnt on this forum.

Thank You

justin1939

Default Re: Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap, maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?

No doubt it was based on wz.34 field cap. But it is only similar in form, too many things are totaly different. I wouldn't say for sure. It may be pre war but the same it can be wartime copy. I have never seen field cap with such leather liner as taken from garrison cap. I also do not like the poor quality of details. Totaly not pre-war style. More like home or resistance production.

Default Re: Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap, maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?

Justin,

Please post pictures rather than links. Pictures from the other site are not available to non-registered members there.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony and other members.

Sorry for the lack of photos.

Here they are attached.

Plus the owner's description and comments.

I need an opinion about this polish field rogatyka - what a model is that ?
    I got it for many years from a friend from Torun/Poland in which parents' house used to live a widow after an officer .
    I know it's an original item , but not really sure about model .
    Thank you for help
    and best greetings
    kornel royko

Hello, Kornel.

I think that it is an original Pre-War example. It has the original metal buckle, the hole in the front where it was common for officers to place a wz.19 metal screwback Eagle, the sweatband with an Engish name on it which was common legacy from Polish Uniforms being produced in Exile (WW1 to War of Independance) and a good blue lining which commonly sigifies pre-war manufacture. The only thing that is lacking are metal vent grommets. I would be extremely interested to see an complete inside photo of the cap. It is in exceptional condition. Also I would be extremely interested to learn more about the Officer who originally owned it and wore it. My Grandfather was born in Lublin (I think) in 1914 and fought throughout WW2. We are all extremely proud Polish patriots as we are Pilsudskites. Honor I Ojczyzna. Justin (Gurwicz) My ancestral family name.

justin1939

Justin , thanks for your answer . I can't post any pic. with whole liner/ interior - I didn't take any , Rogatywka is in my apartment in Poland an I just came back to US. I'm curious is that a M 1934 or M 1935 , couse sure not most common one M 1937 .
    About owner's name I can know it after a call to my friend ( at least a family name - if widow is still a life , we will know her husband first name too ).
    Greetings
    Kornel

It's not war time made or post war , nor Polish Army in Russia. It's my speculation after all I heard years ago getting this cap. My friend was told by a widow , that her husband used to use it before war - time to time only in the field , and when he came back ffrom POW camp ( Oflag ) during war , then used to wear it again without an eagle . That's what I know .... mayby it's a private purchase ?
    Best greetings
    Kornel

There are also other interesting comments if you click on the link, these are two of the best websites for collectors/historians to register on.

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap,  maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap,  maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap,  maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap,  maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap,  maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.35 or 37 Polish Field Cap,  maybe private purchase from a tailor, 100% original pre-war ?  

Last edited by justin1939; 12-02-2011 at 04:27 AM.