Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?

Article about: Hello, Is this holster 100% original pre-war, please ? It has a lot of ink markings. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank You Justin1939

Default Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?

Hello,

Is this holster 100% original pre-war, please ?

It has a lot of ink markings.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ? 

Default Re: Wz.35 Polish Radom Vis Holster - 100% original pre-war ?

Hi Justin,

You have asked about holsters on several occasions and have received detailed replies pointing out what things to watch for. By now you should be able to put some of those lessons into practice. If you were applying the knowledge freely offered here you would not need to ask if this holster is genuine.

I get a sense that you prefer to have others hold your hand rather than putting in the effort of developing the critical eye that is so important in this hobby. So I am not going to answer, but rather hold you in detention to finish your homework :

Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol

See posts 154 to 157

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello, Tony.

Thank you for your reply.

My personal opinion of the holster is that it is a fake.

This many markings in this condition seems too good to be true and it looks like ink smudges are on the flap ?

The colour of the outside has been darkened to a aged patina craftily.

It is not been shown where the rub marks would be inside the main compartment and under the strap of the magazine compartment, which is suspicious.

Some of the markings are unlike any I have have personally seen myself or on any forums, some of them have been called fantasy stamp before on other holsters on this forum.

The WP with an eagle seems to be a regular fantasy stamp, I have also seen it inside a Wz.31 helmet, when other versions (WP or W.P. also found on other equiptment, I have seen on a genuine Polish entrenching tool/shovel a W, impressed eagle, P on the shaft) without the eagle are usually genuine.

The oval is often seen on weapons and weapons equiptment, but I have never seen one on a genuine vis holster.

This Green ink seems to be regularly seen only on fakes.

The reproductions usually follow a set pattern in ink markings.

I have read the forum (I have memorised most of it and my reference books always checking back when I need to) and understand most of the basics of a genuine vis holster, the construction and markings are my weakest areas of knowledge.

The ink markings inside the holster's flap, sometimes under the magazine compartment's strap and sometimes impressed markings on the centre bottom of the back of the rear strap are the most difficult to confirm the originality of.

Could everyone help to compile a list of these and their usual combinations (on their holsters and others they have seen), please ?

I always like to check with the experts to get a final confirmation because even with the knowledge provided on this forum, I am not an expert and I could have missed or misunderstood something which is vital.

justin1939
    Last edited by justin1939; 10-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Hi Justin,

Well done. I’m glad to see that some of what’s been discussed here has been sinking as even you sensed it is a stinker. That holster is so obviously a fake that it didn’t warrant any further discussion, other than to show how this faker is evolving his offerings to lure new victims.

Quote by justin1939 View Post
    . . . Could everyone help to compile a list of these and their usual combinations (on their holsters and others they have seen), please ?
    I caught a glimpse of a new book issued by the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw that has a section devoted to the various stamps found in these holsters and other production differences that helps identify the year of production among other things. I’ll definitely be after a copy and recommend that you do as well.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I caught a glimpse of a new book issued by the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw that has a section devoted to the various stamps found in these holsters and other production differences that helps identify the year of production among other things. I’ll definitely be after a copy and recommend that you do as well.

Regards,
    Tony[/QUOTE]

Hello, Tony.

Thank you for the useful information.

Is it the book Pistolet Vis Wz.35 by Michal Mackiewicz and Marcin Ochman that you are thinking of - Muzeum Wojska Polskiego w Warszawie.

Does the new book Radom Vis by William York have a detailed section on the pre-war Polish Radom Vis holster's ink and impressed markings, please ?

Could you give me your opinion on the uniform I posted on the forum - Wz.36 Polish Infantry Officer Tunic and Greatcoat - 100% original pre-war ?, please ?

As it has a lot of pre-war features (7 button tunic, perfectly fitted collar tabs), I was wondering if it could have been part of an original pre-war Artillery officer's field uniform, that had its eagles's crown ground off on the buttons or buttons changed, when the owner joined General Anders Army in the East.

The Greacoat has a faded round Black ink marking (which I have just added to my thread).

The buttons are maker marked - LZG J99.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Justin

jacquetta44@yahoo.com

Quote by justin1939 View Post
    Is it the book Pistolet Vis Wz.35 by Michal Mackiewicz and Marcin Ochman that you are thinking of - Muzeum Wojska Polskiego w Warszawie.

Does the new book Radom Vis by William York have a detailed section on the pre-war Polish Radom Vis holster's ink and impressed markings, please ?
    Yes, that’s the book. From the little I’ve seen of the content it appears to be a must have for anyone with an interest in these pistols. Of course, it helps if one can read Polish, but there are many photographs that are useful even to non-Polish speaking individuals.

Re the York book, no, it doesn’t go into great detail about holsters. The MWP book appears to tackle this area much more comprehensively.

Re the uniform I’ll comment briefly on that thread shortly.

Regards,
    Tony

PS just a friendly tip that you really should avoid posting your email address on a public forum as it opens the door for spam emails. Ultimately it’s your call, but I’d recommend you use the forum email as a means of suggesting private contact.

This vis holster is a shity copy. I never sow those stamps on any a original one of vis holster.