Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?

Article about: Hello, Is this an 100% original Pre-War Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic, please ? I have attached the photos. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank You Justin1939

Default Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?

Hello,

Is this an 100% original Pre-War Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic, please ?

I have attached the photos.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Justin1939
    Attached Images Attached Images Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?  Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?  Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?  Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?  Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ? 

?

Default Re: Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ?

Justin,

How may buttons are there on the tunic? I believe there is difference between pre-war and post war. I own two pre-war tunics and they both have 7 buttons.

I've been told that post war tunics only have 6 buttons. I am sure others on this forum may be able to site regulation requirements for tunics.

Piwo

Agreed, you should be looking for seven buttons down the front. The pictures provided are too weak to arrive at any conclusions. But regardless, this one is most likely post war. The wz.28 dress belt looks OK from a distance, but these too are now being reproduced.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,

Here is the sleeve again, it did not enlarge properly last time.

Also here is its link - Polnische Offiziersjacke II WK | eBay

Thank you for your replies.

Justin1939
    Attached Images Attached Images Wz.36 Polish Officer's Tunic - 100% original Pre-War ? 

I've seen that tunic on ebay few days ago and for me it looks no good. Maybee it's not a pure fake, but i think there might be strong chance that is was completed with many details from different periods (post and pre war) only to look like a pre war. I wouldn't buy it ...

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    Justin,
    I've been told that post war tunics only have 6 buttons. I am sure others on this forum may be able to site regulation requirements for tunics.
    Piwo
    That's not quite true ... it's worht to remember that there was a quite long time of period between announcment of the order with new wz.36 jacket and the final time the regulations were supposed to be general rule. There was at least a half a year of transition period in which both - older paterns and new wz.36 were allowed in service as a garrison duty uniforms. Many of earlier wz.19/27 jakcets were upgraded to look like a wz.36. Upper pockets were added, lower were transformed. This is the reason why from time to time it is possible to see pre-war "wz.36 look like" jacket with 5-6 buttons instead of regular 7. Nothing special ... sample below: