Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

10 Commando Polish BD identification

Article about: Hey guys Could anyone please tell me what the green collar kites are for? Thanks Jack

jdr
    ?

Default 10 Commando Polish BD identification

Hey guys

Could anyone please tell me what the green collar kites are for?

Thanks
    Jack
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 Commando Polish BD identification  

Default Re: 10 Commando Polish BD identification

Gentlemen
    I have been corresponding with jdr about this jacket so I hope he won't mind me joining in. Here are some more pictures. I'm puzzled by the collar kites. Shouldn't they be dark blue with the green top?
    All comments would be most welcome
    Many thanks
    James

10 Commando Polish BD identification10 Commando Polish BD identification
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 Commando Polish BD identification  

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    . . . I'm puzzled by the collar kites. Shouldn't they be dark blue with the green top? . . .
    Yes, you are correct. These ones are a mystery. And the construction is rather sloppy, as well as being ill fitting to the cut of the collar points.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes, you are correct. These ones are a mystery. And the construction is rather sloppy, as well as being ill fitting to the cut of the collar points.
    All of which is a bit strange when one looks at the other badges which seem to be of so much higher quality both in manufacture and attachment

James, collar tabs were often added to the commandos 'best BD' in the immediate post war years or later. Numerous wartime pics of the Polish 'komandosi' show the tabs absent. I've seen alterations made well after the war to genuine veteran owned uniforms that don't always exactly conform to regulations. Authentication of uniforms close to 7 decades old can and often is difficult if not impossible without positive provenance, even after manual examination. A risky area of collecting to be sure.

Cheers,
    T
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

10 Commando Polish BD identification10 Commando Polish BD identificationHere some wartime pictures of polish commando wear the collar kite on the battlledres, this is also noted in the book, No 10 Commando of Nick van der Bijl!! he is talking about dark and green collar kites in wear for officers frome 1943 and a litle later for lower ranks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 Commando Polish BD identification   10 Commando Polish BD identification  

If the Book is about 10 Commando the pictures shown here do not show the 10th Commando.
    Easiest way to tell is the patch : The tombstone one is for 10 Commando, the round one is post April 4, 1944 when the Poles seized to be a part of 10 Commando.

A little scan from : Marek Wronski : "Barwa Polskich Komandosow 1942-1947. " " Regalia of Polish Commando 1942-1947. "
    Marek Wronski says that : Patki per Order were to be Navy Blue with Green tab. But he says : " Not all wore patki on their Uniforms. "

10 Commando Polish BD identificationYes thats correct, they stop wearing the 10 commando title after they leave 10 commando and went back to the Polish, but the book also talks about that.
    With the round and tombstone shape combined ops patches i am not sure!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast