Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Free Polish Officers paybook.

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought these two paybooks to one Free Polish Officer, Lt Stanislaw Pczycki, on a flea market in Nijmegen, Holland a few years ago now. There was a bit of a mix up with langages an

Default Free Polish Officers paybook.

Hi Guys, I bought these two paybooks to one Free Polish Officer, Lt Stanislaw Pczycki, on a flea market in Nijmegen, Holland a few years ago now.

There was a bit of a mix up with langages and I nearly paid twice what the guy was asking!

Shame about the water damage but I have never seen any others for sale.

The inside cover records what injections he received, blood group, etc.

Looks like he arrived in Great Britain in 1942. I often wonder what his story was?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Free Polish Officers paybook.   Free Polish Officers paybook.  

Free Polish Officers paybook.   Free Polish Officers paybook.  

Default Re: Free Polish Officers paybook.

Great document. Congratulations.
    Ze-Pole

Nice items Ade.

Yes, there must be an interesting story here. 2nd Lieut. Pczycki was born in the “Polish colony” of Gatczino on the outskirts of St. Petersburg. The information states that his parents remained there. He would likely have been considered a citizen of the USSR, and as such it would not have been easy at all to get out with the Polish POW’s following the Sikorski-Maisky amnesty of 1941. Countless thousands of Polish citizens deported in 1940 remained trapped in the USSR slave labour system to perish of overwork, starvation and disease. One of the largely unknown tragic chapters of WW2.

Regards,
    Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for that info. I had never researched where he lived, so this is really interesting!

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Great document
    But i thought you were acually giving it away for free

Not that kind of Free!

Cheers, Ade.

The first book starts in October 1943 and runs until 1946. The second book is 1946 only.

Here are a few more pics from the second book which takes him up to his demob in 1946. I have shown the final entries.

Note the different ink stamp which details his unit a bit better as a 1st Polish Light AA Regt. As you can see from the other ink stamp (1 Dywizji Pancernej), he was part of the 1st Polish Armoured Div.

The books themselves have a printing date of 5/43.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Free Polish Officers paybook.   Free Polish Officers paybook.  

Free Polish Officers paybook.  

AAAaahhh ! My heart !
    I know another paybook like this one, and it is from the same regiment.
    Ze-Pole