Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny

Article about: Good Day Gentlemen I'd like to share this BD and ask for your comments. This came from a vets family in Yorkshire, England. I'm pretty happy with the BD which sadly has has the P7P breast ba

Default 1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny

Good Day Gentlemen

I'd like to share this BD and ask for your comments.

This came from a vets family in Yorkshire, England. I'm pretty happy with the BD which sadly has has the P7P breast badge removed but the rest look good to me. But I am puzzled by the badge below the 2 Armoured pocket badge. Seems to be something to do with Lithuanian agriculture. I've removed it and the shadow in the cloth seems to match so I'd say it has been there a long while.

What do you think?

Many thanks for your comments.

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny   1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny  

1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny   1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny  

I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just had another look at the shadow left by the mysterious badge below the 2 Armoured Div badge. I'm now not sure that it is the Lithuanian badge but what could it be? It looks a bit more shield shaped. One of the schools perhaps

Any thoughts

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny  

Hi James, looks OK. It has some good characteristics that I like to see on genuine vet owned BD's. As far as the badge goes I can't offer much, sorry.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Precisely it is Latvian not Lithuanian badge.
    Period of when Latvia was USSR Republic.
    It is regarding agriculture. Possibly student's excellence award.

7th Armoured Regiment Badge

also, whilst navigating the world wide web came across this

http://www.grandads-kitbag.com/viewp...=51597&phqu=10

the shadow of the missing lower breast badge looks all the world to be 5th Kresowa, the arms of the cross quite plainly seen
    Attached Images Attached Images 1945 BD 7 Pułk Pancerny 

So the Latvian badge is nothing to do with it. How strange that it found it's way onto it. Yould it be usual to have a 5KDP badge below the 2 Armoured?

Thanks very much for all of your comments.

By the way uniforms are not my thing so if anyone is interested please drop me a pm.

James

?

In my opinion the shadow matches 4th Wołyńska Infantry Brigade you can find the picture here Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast