Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 100 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,

One more variant to be identified / categorised.
    POWs / France 1939-40 or something else?

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    I would like to share with you the truly great find (i think) - amongst the of piles of papers / pictures that I have received from a friend - I have come across a picture that allows to trace - on of the Polish POWs Eagels - it is an amazing picture as it comes form POW Camp in Denmark.
    Looks like - the hand made / sentimental eagle - how many of them survived?

Hope You like it?

- - ------- - -

Attachment 667846Attachment 667847Attachment 667848

Fellows

Study continues - some good pictures attached (recent ebay listing)
    See the link to page 44 below - for more on this variant

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...agles-1980-44/
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    I think the following pictures are worth posting – as it seems to me that we may have come across an interesting variant of the Palestinian Eagle.

This one looks like casted from the stamped “original / initial version” – what is unusual is that a) the cast is of high quality with good details (typically they are very crude) and b) fastening features steel bolt fixing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows

Attached are pictures of the Eagle – that I believe (some indirect evidence) to be the very first pattern / variant made for the SBSK (Carpathian Brigade) – in Syria at the beginning of unit’s formation period in Q1 / Q2 1940 – before the Brigade was evacuated from French to British zone after the defeat of France.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

This is a polish cap insignia that my grandpa got in the second world war. At the liberation of Breda in the Netherlands. (I think it was liberated by the Polish
    1st Armoured Division). There was a Polish soldier that slept in my grandpa's house. He gave his cap insignia to my grandpa to thank him for staying with him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Although this is not the WW2 Eagle - I think it is worth posting the following picture as

a) I do not think that many of those ribbons / pins survived and
    b) this artefact is very relevant when it comes to the history of the Polish-Americans contributing to the independence of Poland (volunteering for the Haller's Blue Army in 1917)

It is the USA made pin with the very characteristic variant of the Eagle without the crown (similar to W&H's Eagle - Armia Polska).

Pin looks like - post 1918 - perhaps some sort of commemorative pin.
    What is also interesting is the fact that the face on the pin is not of gen Haller (i think). Perhaps we will never know who he is?

Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by markv13 View Post
    This is a polish cap insignia that my grandpa got in the second world war. At the liberation of Breda in the Netherlands. (I think it was liberated by the Polish
    1st Armoured Division). There was a Polish soldier that slept in my grandpa's house. He gave his cap insignia to my grandpa to thank him for staying with him.
    Hello Mark,

Yes, it was General Maczek’s 1st Armoured Division that liberated Breda, employing a brilliant strategy devised by the great general that spared the destruction of the city. The citizens of Breda recognized this and have faithfully displayed their gratitude to the Poles ever since.

"We Thank You Poles"
    Polish Hat Eagles

Thanks for sharing this eagle badge which is in the Spink & Son pattern. I can just make out what appears to be a rear fastening conversion to a safety pin. Unfortunately, the cross at the top of the crown is missing, but otherwise the badge appears to be in good condition.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the additional information. Yes you can see the top of the safety pin, I think the original safety pin of the badge has broken of long time ago, and my grandpa soldered a safety pin on it. (unless the original also has a safetypin soldered on it, which I highly doubt). This of course makes it probably less "valuable", but for me now it's not only a great badge to remember the second world war in my country, it's also a little remembrance of my grandfather in the war.

Thanks again Tony!

Kind regards,

Mark

Page 100 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 200 ... LastLast