Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1Pułku Artylerii Group

Article about: Good day folks I just wanted to share this group to an Antoni Kaldowski who served with 1Pułku Artylerii. Nice to see that the number on the breast badge matches the legitymacja. The ba

Default 1Pułku Artylerii Group

Good day folks

I just wanted to share this group to an Antoni Kaldowski who served with 1Pułku Artylerii. Nice to see that the number on the breast badge matches the legitymacja. The badge is made by Kirkwood.

I wonder if anyone knows where the barracks are?

There was a black lanyard as well. Is this part of the
    1Pułku Artylerii uniform?

Regards

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1Pułku Artylerii Group   1Pułku Artylerii Group  

1Pułku Artylerii Group  

Hi James, nice grouping . The spinner is not correct to this badge. The badge maker is Altenloh of Brussels. Pictured below is a badge with its original spinner.

Lanyard usage is a hazy area. Some regiments had regulation / honourary lanyards, and others did not, at least not that I've ever found any information about. This regiment fall into the latter group. That's not to say that a black lanyard would not have been worn by this soldier on his best / parade uniform. The 1st Motorized Artillery Regiment also falls into the latter group yet I have an original uniform from a veteran of this regiment with a black lanyard applied during WW2.

Re the barracks location, sorry, can't help you.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1Pułku Artylerii Group   1Pułku Artylerii Group  

1Pułku Artylerii Group   1Pułku Artylerii Group  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Like Tony, I would say the spinner is not correct for this badge in my opinion.
    But it is a very interesting set !
    Would it be possible to get the picture of the back of this badge, but without the spinner ?
    Best regards.ZP

Very nice group james!
    And very interesting, especially the most left picture!
    The plate (numbers) on the vehicle, immediately made me think to the Belgian forces vehicle-identification plates, on the left the belgian flag, and then the vehicle registered number.

example
    1Pułku Artylerii Group

These plates are still in use with our forces.

Maybe Antoni stayed in Belgium after the war and made career in the Belgian Amy?? Just my to cents

Anyway, congrats with this fantastic group!
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Hello again,
    A picture of the black lanyard would be welcome also. Possible ?
    Not sure that the suit worn by the man is British made.
    I have a BD from anti-aircraft regiment, (bomb ZALESKI) but there was "only" the Belgian lanyard.
    Again, a great set !
    Best regards.
    ZP
    Last edited by ze-pole; 02-04-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Here is the lanyard. On closer inspection it looks as though it has been "boot blacked"

Some close ups of the pocket badge. Quite worn but will fit nicely into my collection.

Is it worth trying to find the correct spinner? The Kirkwood one is a touch loose on the thread.

Where can I find what medals Antoni Kalowski is entitled to?

Hello,
    Thank you for the picture of the back of the breast badge. I don't see the two small marks behind, just near the number. It is on all the other badges I know. Not on your badge. The name and the number are not on a 1945 list. Probably a late version ? Or a K&Son made ! ? ! Never seen before for me.
    But I like !
    Got on a market ? In another collection ?
    ZP

Interesting comments - thanks.

Folks,

I wonder if anything more can be learned from the close-ups of this badge?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast