Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1st krechowiki Lancers

Article about: hello to everybody, I'm starting my visit here with a request for help. I'm researching my grandads military history. He was polish and I was born and brought up in the uk. I am applying for

Just remembered on his marriage certificate it says, Rank '2nd Liutenant 358/III 1st krechowieki lancers' and resedence as '609 company RASC clifton aerodrome york, 6 months later on my dads birth certificate is says 'second liutenant no 9898 polish (resettlement ?''very difficult to read'') corps, 16 the garlands, clifton york.

Thanks

?

There is a history of 1 Krechowiecki Lancers published in the UK it also has the MC numbers and all unit members and unit history he might be mentioned in there unfortunately I have it packed away and don't have access to it. You should also writhe to get his service record and than most of your questions will be answered as far as dates awards are concerned.

I am in the process of getting his records, just waiting for his death certificate to come, the I will apply. I will have a look to see if I can purchase that book. I have ordered the other one mentioned in a earlier post. Next job is to collect the missing medals.

Chris

Chris FYI:

"SUWALSZCZYZNA 1939 - 1944 (Suwalki 1939 - 1944)" by Stefan Buczyński, pub. 1991

Name:  6fed10c176ab956059221879f6b8ff8bacfc.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  37.1 KB
    Available for sale: STEFAN BUCZY

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Wierzbiański Kazimierz - [1914-?], oficer sł. st. kaw. WP, ppor.[1938]

Ur. 1 VI 1914. W okresie od 28 VIII 1935- 22 XII 1935 przebywał na kursie unitarnym w Szkole Podchorążych Piechoty, potem od I 1936 - 31 V 1936 odbywał przeszkolenie w pułku kawalerii a następnie od VI-VII 1936 w pułku manewrowym w Szkole Podchorążych Piechoty w Ostrowi Maz. – Komorowie, a do IX 1936 praktyki w 1 p. uł. w Augustowie. W okresie od X 1936 – VII 1938 w Szkole Podchorążych Kawalerii w Grudziądzu, potem na praktykach oficerskich w 1 p. uł. Promowany na stopień ppor. sł. st. kaw. 1 X 1938 z przydziałem do 1 p. ułanów w Augustowie na stanowisko dowódcy plutonu. Bierze udział w kampanii wrześniowej 1939 na stanowisku dowódcy 2 plutonu w 3 szwadronie 1 p. uł., którym dowodził do 17 IX 1939.
    W latach 1945-1947 służył w 1 p. uł. w PSZ. Awansowany do stopnia rtm. Zdemobilizowany w 1947.

(informację nadesłał P. Tadeusz Łaszczewski)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also found:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 14.08.08.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	759103

Your grandfather may also have published part of his war memoir in 1986:

Wierzbiański Kazimierz, Wspomnienia, w: Materiały do dziejów 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich, teka 3, Londyn 1986

I would recommend also contacting URL: SPP-PUMST in London to see if you grandfather served in 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich AK after the defensive war and the 1 Krechowiecki Cavalry Regiment surrendered on 6 October 1939.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I have managed to order a copy of ' Dr. Andrzej Suchcitz, the Regimental History from 1941 -1947 (ISBN: 0948202-' thats on its way.
    The two book above, would they be worth finding/buying? Would the second book actually contain the Memoir?
    I an assuming they are only available in polish, I fear my lack of polish is becoming a problem.
    I will work on contraction the group on the link you provided too.
    Thanks

Chris, I am not sure if Suchcitz's book will be of much interest because it seems your grandfather only served with 2PolCorps 1945-47...2PolCorps was all politics after 1945? I think the scenario is that he served with Anders after the war in Europe was over and Anders was still "unofficially" expanding 2PolCorps in readiness for the next world war he was anticipating against the USSR. The "Stars" for service in France and Germany point to him not taking part in the Italian campaign. I would ask PISM or the Polish Library at POSK if they have the second book with the memoir account...if they do they might be able to send you a photocopy of the relevant pages.

I wonder if your grandfather was a PoW in Hitler's Germany or in Stalin's Russia? I guess the MoD service records will clear that part up.

Good luck with the research

And don't forget to post any awards/medals you are thinking of purchasing on here before parting with your cash...the "expert" collectors on here will help identify the fakes on sale, of which there are many, from the authentic of which there are few.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hello Christopher,

No unfortunately the photograph does not have any details attached to it just that of Marshall Edward Smigly Rydz, but having looked at photographs from the 1936 graduation all the Cadets kneeling next to each other as the General promotes each one and then presents the Promotion Diploma, the General went on to present the Presidents Gold Sword to the Top Cadet. In 1937 President Ignacy Moscicki attended the presentation and awarded the Presidents Gold Sword to the Top Cadet.

I realise that this ask's more questions, but if you can obtain your Grandfathers Service Record from Poland that might be helpful, when doing so also ask if there are any records from his time as a Cavalry Officer Cadet.

Over ten years ago I wrote asking for any records on a Pilot of the Polish Air Force later a Squadron Leader in the UK, and was surprised when I received copies of his promtions when a Cadet.

Well worht a try.

Once again Christopher

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Christopher,

If you type Podporucznik Kazimierz Wierzbianski into google search the article on the september 1939 Campaign that your Grandfather wrote is on line.

Best wishes

Andrzej

That's fantastic news, I'm going to search for that now, there appears to be a lot online/written etc about him. Which is lovely to see, he retrained as a watch mender in Bradford, West Yorkshire after the war. It's hard to believe he went through so much. It's very humbling.
    Thank you all so much for your time and input.

Chris

Hello again, I'm finally ready to send off for my grandads military records, I needed to get death certificates for himself and my grandma. I had these on order so hopefully when they come some answers will be answered and other questions raised!

I got my copy of 'history of the 1st Krechowieki lancers' previously mentioned. Interestingly it mentions the death of 'Jana Litewski' it's generally thought it was a accident and polish forces had shot him (wiki/pl) but it would appear my grandad was there and he contradicts the official events. Saying it was a German bullet.

I'm doing this with the aid of a online translator so it's difficult.

Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast