Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1st recon regiment of 1st armoured division

Article about: Can anyone help with information on the shape and colour combination for collar pennons of the above? This regiment was stationed in my home town of Dalkeith, Scotland 1942-44 and I am tryin

Default 1st recon regiment of 1st armoured division

Can anyone help with information on the shape and colour combination for collar pennons of the above?
    This regiment was stationed in my home town of Dalkeith, Scotland 1942-44 and I am trying to re-create the uniform with collar pennons, the breast badge of a helmet on yellow cross and what colour lanyard?1st recon regiment of 1st armoured division
    thank you

Hi Joseph and welcome to the forum.

The badge shown is typically called that of the 1st Reconnaissance Regiment, named so because it was officially established the time of the existence of this regiment. The 1st Reconnaissance Regiment ultimately became the 1st Independent Heavy Machine Gun Squadron (1 Samodzielny Szwadron CKM) by the time of it's involvement in the liberation of western Europe alongside the Allies.

The badge was issued in both an enlisted ranks version and enameled for officers. Here are a couple of genuine examples:

Here is a service dress uniform belonging to a major:

The collar pennons are yellow and magenta with a blue-and-white stripe in the middle.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A couple of BD blouses :

And this one identified to 2nd Lt. Jozef Handelsman, sold at auction 2013 in France for 2000EU:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    A couple of BD blouses :

And this one identified to 2nd Lt. Jozef Handelsman, sold at auction 2013 in France for 2000EU:

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony,
    This is excellent I thank you very much and also note the lanyard looks to be magenta not black.