Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them

Article about: Good day folks. I have this box full of several hundred photos of the Polish 2nd Corps. Many are official press photos but there are also privately taken photos too. What can i do with them?

Default 2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them

Good day folks.

I have this box full of several hundred photos of the Polish 2nd Corps. Many are official press photos but there are also privately taken photos too.

What can i do with them? As you can see many are of easily identifiable individuals including Gen Anders. But also some excellent pics of in names individuals. Some seem to show the early days following the exodus from the USSR.

The majority have the official Press Office stamp on the back. Others are individually named. Many have been removed from photograph books but some of the private ones are in envelopes with writing on the front.

I bought them many years ago but have decided that they should be moved on. I don't have the time or the knowledge to catalogue them properly.

Any ideas?

I acquired them with the idea of sorting and cataloging them but that was years ago. Perhaps I could exchange them for PSZ badges or insignia which is what I'm interested in.

Best wishes

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them   2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them  

2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them   2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them  

Some more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them   2 Korpus Photos - Hundreds of them  

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    I have this box full of several hundred photos of the Polish 2nd Corps. . . . What can i do with them? . . . Perhaps I could exchange them for PSZ badges or insignia which is what I'm interested in.
    James, it appears that you answered your question. It's a great set of photos and someone here may just have a badge or two to trade. Put up a list of badges that you're after.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I posted some of these photos on a 2 Korpus Facebook group today. An absolutely astonishing response. Have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/38519739600/