MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Polish Para berets

Article about: Hi guys, Two of my para berets...one is still dated 1943 and has the manufacturers name. The other one has the same lining but the date etc... has vanished. A few letters are still visible b

?

Default 2 Polish Para berets

Hi guys,
    Two of my para berets...one is still dated 1943 and has the manufacturers name. The other one has the same lining but the date etc... has vanished. A few letters are still visible but no more date. The only thing which can been found back is the WD stamp with, I think, the letter Z or L (?) on top of it.
    The first one is has the original rank (red V) but needs a silver V on top of it, which is missing.
    The other beret has two stars which are original polish ones but are put on the beret by me for a exposition I did back in the early 90's.

Cheers,
    Marc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Polish Para berets   2 Polish Para berets  

2 Polish Para berets   2 Polish Para berets  

2 Polish Para berets   2 Polish Para berets  

Default re: 2 Polish Para berets

Hi Marc, thanks for showing these two

I can tell you that the beret which the markings have worn off is definitely 1945. The WD inspection mark letter used for 1945 was either an "L" or a "Z" so no matter which one it is, the beret is 1945.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: 2 Polish Para berets

Very Nice pair of "Gelfers" Marc !!!!
    ... Very sort after items !!!

Of note is the beret to the right in the first shot ... More of the original grey colour, having not faded so much.
    .. A very good comparison to show how the grey dye fades !

Cheers

Gary J.

?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Very Nice pair of "Gelfers" Marc !!!!
    ... Very sort after items !!!

Of note is the beret to the right in the first shot ... More of the original grey colour, having not faded so much.
    .. A very good comparison to show how the grey dye fades !

Cheers

Gary J.

Thanks Ade, Gary!!
    Yes, one has faded a lot indeed....It's like the red or green berets, I have a few of them but not two with exact the same red or green.

Ade,
    I've got a mint red beret dated 1944 but with the WD and Z stamp. I thought I saw a thread somewhere (not at Warrelics) which said the Z could be 44 as well. I should think the beret is made 44 and distributed 45?

Cheers,
    Marc

Hi Marc, there is some cross over with these WD marks. It is not an exact science. But it is certainly wartime.

Cheers, Ade.

?

My 1946 "Gelfer" has a "W D 580" stamp in it.

Gary J.

Hi guys, Here's mine. It's the Sudolf beret that some of you have seen before when in possesion of former owner. The number looks like "858" but I can't quite make out the letter at the top, but maybe a ā€œZā€ -??. I might need to try water misting it. Unfortunately all other marks faded out, so no idea as to maker.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Polish Para berets   2 Polish Para berets  

?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    My 1946 "Gelfer" has a "W D 580" stamp in it.

Gary J.

Great info, thanks Gary.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi guys, Here's mine. It's the Sudolf beret that some of you have seen before when in possesion of former owner. The number looks like "858" but I can't quite make out the letter at the top, but maybe a ā€œZā€ -??. I might need to try water misting it. Unfortunately all other marks faded out, so no idea as to maker.

Regards,
    T.

Tony, I think it's the same maker like the berets Gary and I have.
    I'm not sure if there are any other makers?

Great beret!!!

Cheers,
    Marc

?

Certainly looks like a 2nd pattern "Gelfer" !

Gary J.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast