Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

22nd Artillery Supply Company/ Transport Company

Article about: Is there a chance to find any informations to whom he belonged this uniform . Lieutenant /podporucznik/ 22nd Artillery Supply Company in 1944 renamed 22 Transport Company from 2 Artillery Gr

?

Default 22nd Artillery Supply Company/ Transport Company

Is there a chance to find any informations to whom he belonged this uniform .
    Lieutenant /podporucznik/ 22nd Artillery Supply Company in 1944 renamed 22 Transport Company from 2 Artillery Group.
    I know, the hard thing, but in 22 companies probably did not have a lot of lieutenants with a cross of merit with swords.
    Maybe there are any books where I should look?
    Maybe a common force, I find more about the owner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 22nd Artillery Supply Company/  Transport Company  

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post, I am confused in your post you wrote "Lieutenant /podporucznik", Podporucznik was a 2nd Lieutenant whilst a Porucznik was a Lieutenant.

The PISM in London is the only place to get confirmation of the award of the SKZzM (Silver Cross of Merit with Swords), but for that you would need to know the Names of the relevant Officers.

The following is the list of Porucznik and Podporucznik at the time of the award of the Monte Cassino Cross in early 1945.

1) Por. Kazimierz Bajdowicz, Born 1911

2) Por. Jerzy Holanicki, Born 1908

3) Por. Zdzisław Herdzik, Born 1914

4) Por. Adam Herdzik, Born 1914

5) Por. Adam Kypiniak, Born 1902

6) Ppor. Bronisław Karpiński, Born 1897, Died 1946

7) PPor Henryk Laguna, Born 1903

8) Por. Józef Machnik, Born 1901

9) Ppor. Władysław Migas, Born 1906

10) Por. Michał Różankowski, Born 1910

11) Ppor Tadeusz Szczepański, Born 1907

12) Ppor. Bohdan Zabłocki

There where also 13 Other Ranks who were Officer Cadets.

That is all that I was able to find for you, my bill is in the post.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you Andrzejku !
    I do not know exactly the ranks of the English army, so I added the Polish Army
    This is "one star" officer- 2nd 2nd Lieutenant, thank you for lesson

And we have five 2nd lieutenant with SKZzM

1) Ppor. Bronisław Karpiński, Born 1897, Died 1946
    -> Bronisław Karpiński
    22 Transport Company !

2) Ppor Henryk Laguna, Born 1903
    3) Ppor. Władysław Migas, Born 1906
    4) Ppor Tadeusz Szczepański, Born 1907
    5) Ppor. Bohdan Zabłocki

I will try to find in what Regiment served
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 22nd Artillery Supply Company/  Transport Company  

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your reply, there are 5 Podporucznik's that might have been awarded the SKZzM, therefore the PISM would be the best place to confirm this. Also if you check out my latest post on the Monte Cassino Cross, you will find photographs of Por. Bronisław Karpiński.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Andrzeju , but if I want to ask the Institute, about some soldiers, I must show that they are my family, but they are not :/

Hello Tomek,

No that is not the question with the PISM, they charge per 2 Hours of work with no guarantee of finding anything, all explained on their website.

It is only with regards to Service Records that the British Ministry of Defence ask for proof of next of kin, because their records are covered by the 75 Year Military Disclosure Law.

Best wishes

Andrzej

I have found a photo (but not very good quality) of Ppor. Henryk Laguna (vel Łaguna - that's how his photo was signed) later Porucznik in the Chronicle of 22nd Transport Company (at the very end of the chronicle):

Sign in to your account

Unfortunately without decorations on his uniform.

Regards,
    Konrad

?

link is not working

I don't know why, it works for me. The Chronicle is available on the website of The Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum.

Porucznik (Lieutenant) Łaguna was a commander of 64th Regiment.

Konrad

Ppor. (2nd Lieutenant) Bronisław Karpiński - commander of the Workshop Regiment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast