Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

25th Wielkopolski Ulan Regiment

Article about: Please tell me what do you think about it. There a lot of differences between this badge and others presented here. Main differences are in shape of eagle head, wings end, ammount of feather

?

Default 25th Wielkopolski Ulan Regiment

Please tell me what do you think about it. There a lot of differences between this badge and others presented here. Main differences are in shape of eagle head, wings end, ammount of feathers in eagle torso and sheild with maltan cross is one piece with eagle and „U25”. Also garland and eagle has different position. But screw-cap with number seem to be authentic.
    Is it fake or different type?
    25th Wielkopolski Ulan Regiment25th Wielkopolski Ulan Regiment

Hello Arrow and welcome to our forum.

If this is your badge I'm sorry to tell you that it's a copy that has been mated to a genuine spinner. Here is a side by side with a genuine example to highlight the differences, several of which you have pointed out:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I was wondering if there is an award list they are all numbered so there should be one somewhere.

?

I think that screw-cap is original so award list checking will not help. Ex owner and I knew that there something wrong with that badge so information about a copy is not a surprise for me. But according to ex owner this badge was bought from veteran family with other memorables which were 100% original (and I have no basis to don’t believe him). So there are two options: Family sold real badge without screw-cap and copy with it or this veteran let somebody to make this badge because from original only screw-cap left.
    The question is if You meet something like that.
    I know – story quite fantastic – but looking at this copy it is very nice badge, even better than Panasiuk work.

Agreed, on its own the badge can be a rather deceptive copy. But judging from the auction results not many collectors were fooled. A genuine PSZ 25PU would typically see two or three times the price this one reached. As far as the seller’s story, it’s one of the pat replies one can expect. Take it for what it’s worth. The seller has been active for years on both ebay and Allegro and I am not the only one that knows caution needs to be exercised when considering his wares.

The item was listed as being genuine, so you should have recourse for a refund.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne