Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade and Col. Roman Szymański

Article about: Hi Guys, I'd like to ask you for help on behalf of a fellow historian, namely he's looking for any pics or docs of the 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade (4th,5th,6th Bns), especially related to p

Default 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade and Col. Roman Szymański

Hi Guys,
    I'd like to ask you for help on behalf of a fellow historian, namely he's looking for any pics or docs of the 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade (4th,5th,6th Bns), especially related to płk. dypl. (Col.) Roman Szymański (CO the Brigade from December 1943 to August 1944) to add to his book. Anyone willing to share his memorabilia would be creditied in the book. If you want to help, please drop me a line and I'll contact the author.

Regards,
    Tom

Hello Tom,

Here is the photograph of Pplk Roman Szymanski that I posted on Faces of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross I hope that it is of some help.

2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade and Col. Roman Szymański

(Click to enlarge picture)

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Dear Tom,

Could I possible ask a favour of you, do you have the list of Badge Numbers awarded to the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade if so could you possible check to see if Jan Matyjasik was awarded one he was in a sanitarny unit, born 1910, 2nd Corps Army Number: 1910-5-III.

Many Thanks

Andrzejku

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Dear Tom,

Could I possible ask a favour of you, do you have the list of Badge Numbers awarded to the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade if so could you possible check to see if Jan Matyjasik was awarded one he was in a sanitarny unit, born 1910, 2nd Corps Army Number: 1910-5-III.

Many Thanks

Andrzejku
    Hi Andrzejku,
    Cpl Jan Matyjasik (SBSK service no. 2899) was awarded with the 'Tobruk badge' no. 1359.

Regards,
    Tom