Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Corps Syrenka and Poland Patch

Article about: Found this cheap - will receive it soon. Any feedback based on these photos appreciated. Will post better photos once in hand :-) Thanks.

Default 2nd Corps Syrenka and Poland Patch

Found this cheap - will receive it soon.
    Any feedback based on these photos appreciated.
    Will post better photos once in hand :-)

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Corps Syrenka and Poland Patch   2nd Corps Syrenka and Poland Patch  

Default Re: 2nd Corps Syrenka and Poland Patch

Hi Meyle,

The bevo-weave title is genuine, but I am less comfortable with the syrenka patch. It appears that someone has stitched these onto a piece of uniform serge to replicate how the insignia would appear on a BD uniform.

Regards,

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi,

Thanks. I had the feeling that was the case, but it was cheap enough :-)
    I will take better pictures once I have it.

Here it is !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Corps Syrenka and Poland Patch  

I am always really suspicious of any badges on a piece of cut off uniform. The Army just dies not work like that. A quartermaster will want the uniform back whole but would be more than happy if the badges were removed first as it would save them doing it when the uniform was returned to stores for re issue. In my experience of dealing with the quartermaster's department that is. Bit I'm sure there are perfectly well documented exceptions.

All the best

James

That is true, but many Polish soldier's ended up keeping their uniforms so anything is possible.

James is quite correct. I doubt this is a ‘cut out’ from a uniform sleeve, but rather just a mock up to appear so. I’d expect to see evidence of the shoulder seam typically located within an inch of the top of the Poland title. No sign of that with this piece.

Again, the 2nd Corps insignia is a reproduction, and I’ll add that these BeVo weave titles are not typically associated with period 2nd Corps uniforms. Of course, it’s technically possible, but the known genuine examples I’ve seen display other title types. Remaining in relatively plentiful supply, these BeVo titles are popular for use on modern ‘badged up’ recreations. Watch for them as a possible red flag.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Yes, we did determine that from the beginning that it is put together piece with original Poland bevo insignia.
    Syrenka matches one of many patterns used - I did research the insignia and there were over 15 types I counted.

Hi meyle, you’re right, there were several variants of the syrenka patch. However, I’m quite certain this one a modern ‘Pakistani’ knock off.

Regards,
    Tony

I don't question the fact it is a repro but not a made up one :-)