Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges

Article about: Gentlemen I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about these badges. I think they are the 2ND RAKITNIANSKI LIGHT HORSE REG and 18th INFANTRY DIV Are these correct and if so, do they

Default 2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges

Gentlemen

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about these badges. I think they are the

2ND RAKITNIANSKI LIGHT HORSE REG and 18th INFANTRY DIV

Are these correct and if so, do they date from Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie or earlier?

many thanks for your help

James
    2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges

Default Re: 2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges

Hi James,

These are pre-war era badges, so I've moved the thread to the appropriate section of the forum. You’re correct with the ID of 2nd Rokitnianski Light Cavalry Regiment (2 Pułk Szwoleżerów Rokitniańskich). The other is the 18th Pomeranian Uhlan Regiment (18 Pułk Ułanów Pomorskich). Both of the examples you've shown are modern copies. Posted below are genuine non-officer grade versions of these badges.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges   2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges  

2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges   2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges  

2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges  
    Attached Images Attached Images 2nd Rakitnianski Light Horse and 18th Infantry Division Badges 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony, Very interesting and great learning for me. Is it fair to say that most Polish regimental badges are numbered on the reverse?

All the best

James

Hi James,

You're most welcome. Yes, many of the regimental badges and also school and commemmorative badges were serial numbered.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

correct name of the second lancers regiment is ROKITNIANSKI not rakitnianiski