Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured Regiment Battle Dress Blouse

Article about: A recent purchase, a Nwe Zealand made, 1943 dated Battle Dress Blouse badged to a Podporucznik, second lieutenant of the 6th Armoured Regiment Dzieci Lwowskich (6 Pułk Pancerny Dzieci L

Default 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured Regiment Battle Dress Blouse

A recent purchase, a New Zealand made, 1943 dated Battle Dress Blouse badged to a Podporucznik, second lieutenant of the 6th Armoured Regiment Dzieci Lwowskich (6 Pułk Pancerny Dzieci Lwowskich), 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division (Druga Warszawska Pancerna Dywizja). Distinguishing features of the BD blouse are the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Brigade canvas signs, the 6th Tank Regiment strip sign, which should be green, but is in fact a sort of light pale blue, and a single collar pennant in the distinguishing tank troops colours, black over orange. On the BD blouse there was originally only one bakelite "proporzec" on the right collar lapel, and it looks like there gas never been one on the left collar lapel, or maybe have long got lost. So, to make things up, I have bought a pair of slightly smaller 6th Armoured Regiment bakelite pennants, with a different kind of fittiing, though, and I am wondering whether do not reinstate the single original "proporzec". Maybe someone of these very notable collectors of Polish insignia could explain the differences in size and shape of the armoured troops pennants? As long as I know, the medal ribbons are as follow: Virtuti Militari Fifth Class, Krzyż Walecznych (Cross of Valour), Montecassino Medal, 1939-1945 Star, Africa Star, Italy Star. That would make the original owner of the BD blouse a veteran of the Independent Carpathian Rifles Brigade that served in North Africa, I guess? I guess there is pretty much to discuss about this BD blouse and I am very interested in hearing your opinions, Panowie!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse   2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse  

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse   2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse  

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse   2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse  

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 6th Armoured  Regiment Battle Dress Blouse  

Should I infere from the total lack of comments that this BD blouse is a put together specimen? Sure, there a things that are not matching, but in my experience not all the Officers worn BD blouse were modified as to be worn with shirt and tie... I must agree that as for a post war BD this has been altered surprisingly little, if not at al....

Hello Loupie,

A blue stripe (not green) is correct for 6th “Dzieci Lwowskich” Armoured Regiment, although the shade seems a bit off. Could just be the lighting. Agreed, not all officers opted for open tailored collars. But the vast majority did. It also requires considerable tailoring to modify a BD this way, so this is avoided by most out to quickly badge up a surplus BD. I’m not suggesting this one is a fake, but there’s no shortage of red flags here. This forum contains numerous threads on the topic, so you know what to watch for.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne