Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia

Article about: An arm flash to the 3rd DSK: canvas badge, felt fir tree. Is it a genuine article or a repro? Thank you in advance for your expertize!

Default 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia

An arm flash to the 3rd DSK: canvas badge, felt fir tree. Is it a genuine article or a repro? Thank you in advance for your expertize!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia   3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

I personally think this is okay, but Tony will probably be better qualified to confirm originality.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Stefan is correct, it appears genuine. The backing is different from most, but there were many variations produced. Here's just a small sampling, starting with my personal favorite:

Cheers,
    Tony

3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you all, good news then..... all the best, Loupie

Hi Guys,
    Here's another version, this time displayed on the battledress.

Regards,
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your contribution Your BD displays the ‘official’ version, made in Palestine:

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the BD. Well, I guess it's high time to post a period pic of the Carpathian cloth insignia. Here we've got cheerful Gen. Anders receiving the insignia at the quarters of the divisional forward party at Cervaro on May 10, 1944, just a few days before capturing the Monte Cassino monastery.

Regards,
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

Thanks Tom, great photo. First time I am seeing this one. The patch pictured is reminiscent of the type that kicked off this thread.

This photo was taken the day before the 4th assault on Monte Cassino was launched. The week following was particularly stressful for the great general and it's a safe bet there were no such smiles until after the Polish flag was unfurled over the ruins of the abbey on the morning of May 18th.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Hello,
    I would like to have your opinion about this 3DSK patch.
    It is embroidered with bullion thread.
    A similar badge is at page 285 of the book: Wojceiechowski –Sawicki - Polskie Sily Zbrojne na Zachodzie.

Many thanks

Enzo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia   3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here's just a small sampling, starting with my personal favorite:
    It's my favorite too. A pretty rare patch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast