Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

5 Kresowy Batalion Saperow

Article about: I'm looking for any information on the 5 Kresowy Batalion Saperow. My Grandfather fought with them and I don't have much information on them.

Default 5 Kresowy Batalion Saperow

I'm looking for any information on the 5 Kresowy Batalion Saperow. My Grandfather fought with them and I don't have much information on them.

Hello Philip,

The only book that I know of was published in 1984 in London By Jerzy Gradosielski VM, MC, photo of front cover shown below.

5 Kresowy Batalion Saperow

Unfortunately I do not have a copy of this, depending on where you live try your local library

Best wishes

Andrzej

Moving thread to PSZ forum. That’s a rare title. I’ve always loved the cover art on this one.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Is it in English?

Based on the cover title I would suspect Polish text. Some of these do occasionally contain a short English language summary though. Best wishes in locating copy. I have only ever seen this booklet maybe twice, and only in collections. Never on the market. A quick scan of the web picks up no available copies.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

what was your grandfather's name?

This book was written by my father. It's in Polish, written as a military diary so lots of military terms. Only have 1 copy left but have scanned most of it. Doubt if you'll find it in a library.

Link to scans of the photo pages (not the text)
    » „5 KDP Saperzy w walce 1941-1945″. Sappers of 5 KDP 2nd Polish Corps.