Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Dear Gary its really really kind of you to find out some family history in fact its brought a lump to my throat, i never knew what they did or how they contributed. Stupid sods never spoke of it. Is it possible for you to tell me how i can research the rest of them? Im based not too far from the Sikorski are they able to help?

?

Robert,
    That's your best bet .. If the Sikorski can't help .... Which I'm sure they can !, ....!
    .. Just having the forenames and surnames of your family members might be enough.

Or !!! the MOD records .... Addresses etc are found here ..

Researching a Polish Exile Combatant.

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Dear Gary its really really kind of you to find out some family history in fact its brought a lump to my throat, i never knew what they did or how they contributed. Stupid sods never spoke of it. Is it possible for you to tell me how i can research the rest of them? Im based not too far from the Sikorski are they able to help?

Welcome
    I have been trying to get this medal for some time – I have known it existed, but I have never come across it – nice stuff

Genteleman, this site is really amazing and im thorough ly enjoying being a new member. Its great to be able to view such wonderful items that you have collected and to read your in depth knowledge which is really impressive and speaks volumes for your obvious dedication. As a relatively new collector i struggle with the Polish texts and end up just looking at pictures which can be frustrating.

In response to this particular thread i too was not aware of the existence of a gold Bolonski Batalion badge but i have a medal that was issued to the members of the Batalion.

To all Colleagues who recently joined.
    Thank You for contribution!

Thank you positive assessment of the site!

I am very happy that the community is growing so both in terms of numbers and more importantly the quality. Some of the items posted are just impossible to get even by offering very high prices across the global markets.

Please notify your collector’s friends about this site and others – Polish Eagles etc

Let’s get the community build. A few more months and we can organise 1 Annual Global Meeting of Collectors of Polish WW2 items.

I guess a few drinks at Sikorski’s institute in London wit fellows from all over the World would be not that bad!

wadowicznic

Let’s continue on the 2 Corpus
    Interesting addition from my side

Polish Forces of Exile - The Women's Service Badge
    • Often forgotten contribution!
    • Rarely seen badge

318 Supply Company (Field Canteens Managed by female soldiers)
    • One of the smallest unit of Polish Forces
    • Company did not have a breast badge – this is the only artefact –almost impossible to find collar badge

Fellows let’s continue with 2 Corpus
    Who has Skorpion’s, Karpackis’ Lancers, Children of Lvow Tank regiment etc
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    Hi Tony !

I'll try to post pics tonight or tomorrow when I get home...

I believe that the badge in my collection is very similar to yours. If memory serves me correctly, the badge has a sort of "gold" wash or toning much like yours appears to have in these images.

Somewhere in the cobwebbed corner of my mind I seem to recall a blurb that a "gold" version was issued to those soldiers from the battalion that actually made it all the way into the city !?!

Does this sound familiar to you !?!

Thanks !

Vic
    Hi Vic,

These were made of a thinly plated brass, the majority of which is worn off on mine, hence what may come across as a gold like appearance. But take it from me, it’s actually a dull brown oxidized brass.

I have never heard of a gold issue, and somehow doubt such a badge was made by Lorioli, but I wouldn’t entirely rule out such a possibility as maybe a commemorative post war combatant issue. In this hobby I’ve been surprised more than once!

In any event, looking forward to pictures of yours Vic!

Cheers,
    Tony

. . . but i have a medal that was issued to the members of the Batalion.
    Again, great to have you with us Robert.

And that medal is a gem! Thanks for sharing

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Robert, ... it's just some basics, .. BUT !!! this will help to try and track down some of his war records ..

Odulinski. Franciszek. 1912/33 Kan. 3 PAL

Ok ... "Uncle Frank" was in the 3rd Carpathian Division.
    Rank = Kanonier (Gunner)
    Born 1912
    3 PAL. = 3rd Pulk Artylerii Lekkiej.
    (1912/33 was his army number)
    Contributions like this will make this forum all that much more valuable and special. Good work Gary!

T.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    A few more months and we can organise 1 Annual Global Meeting of Collectors of Polish WW2 items.

I guess a few drinks at Sikorski’s institute in London wit fellows from all over the World would be not that bad!

wadowicznic
    Yes, that would be a blast. Count me in!

T.

?

Thanks Robert and Tony for your kind comments

.. I can remember when I first started to unpick my late fathers paperwork .....
    EVERY little piece of information that was added was a gem, ... So personally I know how much it means to find even the smallest lead !

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Contributions like this will make this forum all that much more valuable and special. Good work Gary!

T.

Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast