Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Without the membership this site would be nothing !!!

SPREAD THE WORD

Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    To all Colleagues who recently joined.
    Thank You for contribution!

Thank you positive assessment of the site!

I am very happy that the community is growing so both in terms of numbers and more importantly the quality. Some of the items posted are just impossible to get even by offering very high prices across the global markets.

Please notify your collector’s friends about this site and others – Polish Eagles etc

Let’s get the community build. A few more months and we can organise 1 Annual Global Meeting of Collectors of Polish WW2 items.

I guess a few drinks at Sikorski’s institute in London wit fellows from all over the World would be not that bad!

wadowicznic

?

11th Signals Battalion.
    .. Not the normal thick brass "flat" issue, ... but a stamped "concave" type, which I gather was a slightly later issues..

Gary J.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

G
    This badge is a very good one.
    Year ago, at the beginning of my collector’s way, i was stupid to swap it for KW with paperwork + some standard badges. That was the time i was looking for quantity not quality.

I have book about this battalion – will post it.

Do You have bigger picture? If Yes please post.

As You correctly pointing out there have been 2 types of this badge.

A

Quote by Gary J View Post
    11th Signals Battalion.
    .. Not the normal thick brass "flat" issue, ... but a stamped "concave" type, which I gather was a slightly later issues..

Gary J.

?

G,
    I'm afraid, this was another "victim" of upgrading towards further 1SBS items !

This remains as the only image of the "old" badge !

From what I remember, the number stamped on the reverse was quite high (in the 800's) for a battalion badge, .. and thus I assumed (After seeing other "flat" issues), that this was most probably a "later" 2nd pattern ... which turns out now to be the harder issue to find !!

Regards

Gary J.

G
    This badge is a very good one.
    Year ago, at the beginning of my collector’s way, i was stupid to swap it for KW with paperwork + some standard badges. That was the time i was looking for quantity not quality.

I have book about this battalion – will post it.

Do You have bigger picture? If Yes please post.

As You correctly pointing out there have been 2 types of this badge.

A

?

Default 2nd Corp MP arm band.

An example of a 2nd Corp MP armband.
    .. I'm afraid this is not in my collection, ... it's an item that went through E-bay about 18 months back.

It looks to have been manufactured either locally in Italy, or by a tailor within the unit.

It follows the tradition of a yellow backing, which I believe was used as the whole colour with other exile forces units.
    .. The MP's hence were sometimes nick-named "Canaries" !

Regards

Gary J.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Welcome
    I have been trying to get this medal for some time – I have known it existed, but I have never come across it – nice stuff
    Hi thank you very much it was a prized buy and sits pride of place in my collection. Theres a good picture of a Batalion member receivng the medal in a book but the name escapes me for the moment. It really brings the item and its significance to life.

Dear Gary, i just wanted share with you and fellow collectors a contact i have made through some of my research. Im sure many other sons of Genreal Anders Army may be bereft of their family history. (It never semed an issue when they were alive). She doesnt charge and is brilliantly helpful.

Aleksandra Cieślikowa [mailto:aleksandrac@ijp-pan.krakow.pl]

The Anthroponymic Centre in the Polish Language Institute, where I am the manageress, has never been engaged in doing genealogical research of particular people or families. We couldn’t do it as in our Institute there is no documental material that could enable us to do such a work. As linguists and not genealogists we can help our correspondents in following matters:

a. in letting them know the proper spelling of the very often deformed Polish surnames.

b. in explanation of the structure and meaning of a Polish family name formed in the moment in which a particular name had been given to its first bearer.

c. in explanation of proper spelling and localization of the localities quoted by a correspondent.

d. in giving the information about how many people, of the same surname, live in the present-day Poland and in which provinces of it they reside now. Alas, no addresses and other personal data have been published anywhere. Such data are protected with us by law and cannot be revealed without approval of the involved person.

Warmest regards Rob

?

Rob,
    Thats excellent !
    This is the type of knowledge / contacts "we" are hoping to pool in the Polish section of the forum.

It might also be an idea to copy this info into the "Polish WW2 web resources" thread at the top of the Exile Polish Forces section as a reference piece.

Cheers

Gary J.

. . . at the beginning of my collector’s way, i was stupid to swap it for KW with paperwork + some standard badges. That was the time i was looking for quantity not quality. . ..
    I also have some similar tales of regret and sorrow at foolishly letting things go. But we live and learn, as they say. It also helps to remember that we can’t hold onto these things forever …

And similarly, there are those times that I could have made a purchase - but for one reason or another did not. Such was the case with one of these 11th Signals Battalion badges that was up for auction a couple of years ago. I have always really wanted one, but was suspicious of this one due to poor pictures, and passed. It turned out to be genuine, and sold for a pittance. And I have not seen another one for sale since!

T.

Default Re: 2nd Corp MP arm band.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    An example of a 2nd Corp MP armband.
    .. I'm afraid this is not in my collection, ... it's an item that went through E-bay about 18 months back.
    Yes, I remember that auction well. The closing price was 167GBP. This one had been converted rather crudely to button fastening.

Pictured below is one from my collection that uses the original press-studs to snap it into place around the arm.

I have it mounted as a backing to other Żandarmeria Wojskowa pieces picked up over the years. (although it may appear that the collar pennons are puncturing the armband in order to stay mounted, these pennons do not have threaded posts)

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Page 15 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast