Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another Para Badge reunited with documents. Polish SOE Courier who jumped in to Poland. One of 28

Article about: I had this Para Badge less than10 years. It used to be in Dr Windrum's collection, he was the F-s knife expert. It was shown on the Forum many years ago. It belonged to Lt Benedykt Moszynski

You have a luck to reunite such items!

Here is a bio of the other Courier who came missing with Lt Moszynski. From J Tucholski book.

His name was Stanislaw Luczynski, nom de guerre " Sep " "Vulture ", he fought in 1939 with 56 Infantry Regiment , taken prisoner and transported to POW Camp in Germany, he escaped there on 5th May 1940 and got evacuated to Great Britain. Jump into Poland 25/26 January 1943, Operation "Screwdriver "

Another Para Badge reunited with documents. Polish SOE Courier who jumped in to Poland. One of 28

My research has led me to this Book, written by Danuta Mostwin, titled : "Tajemnica Zwyciezonych " "Secret of the Victors "
    Danuta Mostwin's mothers apartment in Warsaw was a point of contact for the Couriers. And Danuta was taking care of the Polish Couriers and CC.
    11 of the 27 Couriers are featured in the Book. I have circled their Nom de guerre.

This page from the above Book talks about the PostCard/letter that the Couriers sent from Gorlice. Their last known place before missing. I will translate tomorrow

Very interesting thread.
    Well done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks for sharing this with us Krakow1, and congrats on reuniting these items! Amazing good fortune.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

...i w ogóle tak postępować, abym mógł żyć i umierać jak prawy Polak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2