Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Para Badge reunited with documents. Polish SOE Courier who jumped in to Poland. One of 28

Article about: I had this Para Badge less than10 years. It used to be in Dr Windrum's collection, he was the F-s knife expert. It was shown on the Forum many years ago. It belonged to Lt Benedykt Moszynski

Default Another Para Badge reunited with documents. Polish SOE Courier who jumped in to Poland. One of 28

I had this Para Badge less than10 years. It used to be in Dr Windrum's collection, he was the F-s knife expert. It was shown on the Forum many years ago. It belonged to Lt Benedykt Moszynski ; " Andrzej ".

Another Para Badge reunited with documents. Polish SOE Courier who jumped in to Poland. One of 28

Attachment 1314942
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Para Badge reunited with documents. Polish SOE Courier who jumped in to Poland. One of 28  

Team " Shirt " jumped in at night of 6th January 1942. Third Team to jump in to occupied Poland. 5 of the Cichociemny and one Courier MSW.
    Flight to drop zone "Kociol ", once there they did not see the signals, so after 40 minutes of flying around the Team got dropped 7 kilometers away from Minsk. They got dropped too low... so the jumpers got roughed up. The Team did not find one of the containers that got dropped with them, and the left three heavy containers they could not hide. They burried the money (later recovered almost all) and went to Warsaw in pairs.

Germans unfortunately found the containers...

I have searched high and low for picture of Lt Moszynski. No luck. All Cichociemni pictures exist, but for the Couriers there are none. I have written to Sikorski, but nothing. This badge because of Lt Moszynski's combat jump should have a wreath, however he died under mysterious circumstances during the War.
    I have explored that as well, and will post it soon.

Few weeks ago I found this AB64 on Allegro.

That piece of paper was with the AB64. It is super rare to see. I have seen some CC ones before. It is the actual Oath that LT Moszynski took before the jump.

- - ------- - -

In September 1943, Lt Moszynski along with another Courier Stanislaw Luczkiewicz " Sep" attempted to leave occupied Poland and cross into Hungary and later go to London. They sent a postcard from City of Gorlice to a contact point, saying they are ready to go to Hungary, through the mountains.
    And it is where they come missing .....

What a story.. It's good to hear that these are back together and in good hands .

Thank you for sharing!

Regards,
    Pieter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast