Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Arm Badge for French Volunteers??

Article about: Gentlemen I have just come across this. Is it for members of the PSZ who originated in France? Is that correct? Comments welcome on the badge too Many thanks James

Default Arm Badge for French Volunteers??

Gentlemen

I have just come across this. Is it for members of the PSZ who originated in France? Is that correct?

Comments welcome on the badge too

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arm Badge for French Volunteers??   Arm Badge for French Volunteers??  

Default Re: Arm Badge for French Volunteers??

Hi James, yes, you're correct, for volunteers from France. The dark navy blue backing indicates that this was for a navy volunteer. The insignia appears genuine.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony
    Many thanks for the reply - Navy eh! I hadn't considered that. Very interesting. As ever thanks for taking the trouble for replying. All the best
    James

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Hi Tony
    Many thanks for the reply - Navy eh! I hadn't considered that. Very interesting. As ever thanks for taking the trouble for replying. All the best
    James
    No trouble at all James. Volunteer patches with khaki backing were for ground forces, and grey-blue for air force.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne