Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 103 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1435

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Hi Dawid, genuine 2WDP. No problems with this one.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

[QUOTE=A.J. Zawadzki;1756991]Hi Dawid, genuine 2WDP. No problems with this one.

Cheers,
    Tony[/QUO
    Many thanks

Hello genlemen,
    Did you see this auction ?

WW2 Officer Uniform Polish 1st Armoured Division | eBay

Difficult for me to say if it is WW2 original ou post war tunic for the veteran. I dont' feel it a lot.
    Your opinion ?
    Thank you in advance.
    ZP
    PS : Tony, did you receive my last mail ? I have indeed problems with my Internet line.
    Last edited by ze-pole; 07-24-2017 at 08:37 PM.

For one the Beret is a A.R.P. beret, with a date of 1941, and it looks unused ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Everything here points to a made up set using a period tunic. Agreed with Stephane, one can’t rule out the possibility that it was a legitimate postwar creation for a veteran. But without any provenance it is destined to be dismissed by wary collectors, and for good reason. The collar pennons are nothing like I’ve seen on period uniforms. And if you look closely at the photo showing the underside of the collar, there are what appear to be two holes such as those from British type badge lugs. The 1st Armoured Division generally used cloth pennons, rather than metal/plastic often found in the 2nd Corps. There are exceptions, but collar holes on a 1st Armoured Div. tunic is a point of concern. I also don’t like the evidently re-applied insignia, the reproduction 1st Anti-Tank Artillery badge, etc. The made up beret doesn’t help matters. Curious that the seller omitted adding pictures of the shoulder epaulettes / rank insignia.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

the road to Nirvana is indeed perilous
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Hello again, maybe anyone help with This one. Is that fake or genuine?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hello Dawid,

Genuine. This is the current Third Polish Republic post-1989 version. This is the second of two Third Class types.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

hello, this patch is original ww2?

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

It looks OK to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 103 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast