Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 119 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1435

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    on a non-emotional note if one was to produce the definitive work on the Polish parachute badge you would have to explain why this Kirkwood example exists when GR Tech produced badges with higher numbers are to be found. interesting eh !
    Great question.
    Our resident Para badge expert RSunday has the answer.

a couple of reasons spring to mind which remain to be proven

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    Great question.
    Our resident Para badge expert RSunday has the answer.
    Ha,ha!
    New world record for ordinary parachute badge!

The badge was given to French SAS troooper who made combat jump in Europe under Free French command.
    This is why the badge may be considered as combat.

What is interesting from 'technical" point of view - the badge was made by K&S but has number from group rather related to previous manufacturer - Grupa Techniczna (GT).
    Now I know the reason.

Primordial badges made by GT with numbers 2319-2400 were re-numbered for badges: 0101-0183 for Polish SOE. The whole group of further numbers from 2319 to 2400 was assigned to French paratroopers trained by Poles in Ringway. This badge from auction is an evidence that the all those "French" badges were probably manufactured later just by Kirkwood and Son! I saw another such example from this number group.

It was a mystery for me untill I found this badge on auction!

But the price is still amazing!

seeing that Jan Lorys wrestled with this conundrum it would be beneficial for history if one of the badges in the 0101 - 0183 range could be inspected to ascertain the actual mechanics of the re-numbering. in view of the fact that Sosabowski relinquished possession of badges 2319 - 2400 it follows that he would have had to replace them at some point as 1SBS was involved in the training of other exile personnel. this would explain the Kirkwood link when they took over production of the badge from GR Technical. photos exist of French SAS soldiers at Largo House and elsewhere during training. there was never this problem collecting book matches ( or was it match books ! )

?

next available, listed on Allegro:
    Znak Spadochronowy PSZ-Z prod. Kirkwood and Son (7238456525) - Allegro.pl - Wi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

My fellow checked one parachute badge from group of 0101-0184 (Lorys didn't mention badge no 0184 but it was also re-numbered). It has initial number from range 2319-2400.

I also have a copy of deposit list of Polish SOE - Lt Januszewski belongings (before his combat jump to Poland). He got badge no 0109 (what is also stated in his ID card for the badge) but on the list it's still initial badge number - 2353!

tricky business this numbering or re-numbering
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Hello Everyone,

The DNW Auction of 28th February & 1st March 2018 had the following items for sale DNW Estimate was £100 - £140 :

The Hammer went down at the following price to which VAT and Commission will be added

£1,600 GBP, 7,662 PLN, 2,292 CAD, 2,231 USD.

someone spied something out of the ordinary

Best wishes

Andrzej

Unsold......

- - ------- - -

Unsold......

Good day folks

I wonder if your could comment on these items for sale on Allegro

1. 4 Pulk Pancerny Skorpion PSZ Beret
    4 Pulk Pancerny Skorpion PSZ Odznaka beretowa (7250560682) - Allegro.pl - Wi

2. 6 Pulk Pancerny Lwowski PSZ Beret
    6 Pulk Pancerny Lwowski PSZ Odznaka beretowa (7250577756) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Both seem too good to be true.

Thanks

James