Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 144 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    To revisit this, the seller has pulled both auctions ahead of the scheduled closed citing: "Nie było ofert kupna" (there were no bids). In fact, there were bids. It's possible that word got back to him about our little discussion here.

Thanks again for your post Michal. One for the good guys.

Cheers,
    Tony

One for the good guys.

BRAVO!

but did you notice the amount of work that went into those documents? Someone had to replicate the rubber stamp...someone went to a lot of trouble to do these...

?

any thoughts on this strange gold PAF eagle?
    not marked on the back by Stanley..and the feathers are strange...
    but it does look like a Stanley production

anyone ever see something like this before?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

Polish - 9 Infantry Battalion ?Flandryjski? - Badge WW2 on eBay (end time 18-Jun-10 21:19:40 BST)

What do people think? I'm very tempted. Just the price putting me off somewhat!

?

a good badge..a bit rough and worn out on the top ...
    but original....and a decent price ...

Quote by dorava View Post
    . . . but did you notice the amount of work that went into those documents? Someone had to replicate the rubber stamp...someone went to a lot of trouble to do these...
    Not as difficult as it seems.

Only the typed portion is ‘real’. The remainder of the document including the rubber stamp is an inkjet print of a scanned original. After printing the document was run through a typewriter and then subjected to some ‘stressing’ to give it an aged appearance. A smudge here, a bent corner there, and presto – ready to go onto the collector’s market.

With the advent of modern scanners. high resolution printing, and photo processing software the making up of counterfeit documents such as these would be very easy. All it would take is a simple scan of an original, digitally remove the typewritten portion, print onto off-white card stock paper and put through an old fashioned typewriter . . . and you have the products that alexmajca had listed. One of which found its way into my collection.

Again, to the casual eye they look very authentic. But an examination through a 10X or stronger magnifier quickly reveals otherwise. And as Michal mentioned, the counterfeiters of these slipped up on a couple of things that are also giveaways.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

yeah....I understand that..
    but what about the stamp?
    explain how easy it is to replicate that?

yeah....I understand that..
    but what about the stamp?
    explain how easy it is to replicate that?
    The stamp is NOT applied separately. It is part of the data obtained by the scanner from the original award document.

Think of it this way: If you take one of your original award documents bearing a stamp in blue ink to a colour copier you will receive a colour copy of that document showing a stamp in blue ink. A scanner sees it the same way, and will reproduce a nice blue stamp that looks exactly like the original.

As mentioned, the original document was scanned in its entirety. Then the recipient’s name and serial number were digitally removed. This allows for blanks (bearing the rubber stamp) to be printed. These blanks were then taken to a typewriter and the names and serial numbers were manually typed in.

As evidenced by Michal’s research of the 7th Armoured document these are fictional names. In the case of that document the name and number did not match the existing award records from Marek Wronski’s book.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

thanks for explaining that. I think I will warm up the scanner.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    scary stuff

Very strange badge – totally different pattern than the original one.
    All S&S plastic badges have company’s logo and number – presumably the serial / machine
    Looks like somebody is trying to create some sort of repos.
    I do not think we are seeing the S&S specimen of this badge (which would really be good!)

What is the source of this picture?

any thoughts on this strange gold PAF eagle?
    not marked on the back by Stanley..and the feathers are strange...
    but it does look like a Stanley production

anyone ever see something like this before?

I have not seen this version of a plastic badge before either: interesting...

Cheers, Ade.

Page 22 of 144 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 122 ... LastLast