Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 144 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Quote by dorava View Post
    and here are the only ones I have seen that seem 100% original...
    big difference with the other ones posted and sold on ebay....

These are 100% ok!

Dorava can you explain why the badge is fake please, what would you look for to find an original.

Quote by dorava View Post
    very sorry...............it is a copy..
    Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Dorava can you explain why the badge is fake please, what would you look for to find an original.
    Sorry to butt in . . . but let these pictures do the talking . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

DaBear
    ?

As I suspected. Your head knows, but your heart doesn't want to accept it.

Thank you Mr T i see what you mean.

Quote by DaBear View Post
    As I suspected. Your head knows, but your heart doesn't want to accept it.
    Sorry. And I know the feeling, believe me.

I think Gary may have called this particular badge the "Hartenstein copy". Don't quote me, but these may have some connection to the airborne museum in Oosterbeek, Holland.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Da Bear

I have had this Warsaw Armoured for a while, but I look at it funny. The 1st Armoured I have always been suspicious of.
    This 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division badge is genuine along with the spinner, but the Picchiani & Barlacchi spinner is incorrect. It should have a Lorioli marked spinner

The 1st Tankers Regiment is a copy. Both official types were two piece badges.

I don't get involved too much with pre-39 badges. I cannot afford them, and unless they have some number or stamp, I just assume they are Panasiuk, unless they are not well-made (then they are just plain fakes). These are a couple of the few I have. Any thoughts? I appreciate this opportunity to show my possible blunders.
    The 3rd Cavalry Regiment is a copy. Both the official pre-war and exile versions differed in construction.

The 1st Batalion Sanitarny is a copy.

I had a hard lesson in cloth badges early in my collecting, culling a bunch. I kept these two, although I am suspicious, especially of the printed one.
    It’s the one on left that is a fake; the printed one is genuine, made by J. Snook of Nottingham. A scarcely seen variant.

I picked this one up sold as a Czech medal. The ribbon is the one that was on it, although I know it is wrong. I cannot find anywhere that may have a replacement. I know very little about this Chaplain's medal. Can anyone tell me anything about it, as well as what they think of it's originality?
    Unfortunately a copy.

This is my only VM. The ring was seperated when I got it (held by a wire), so it is a replacement. I was told that this is probably a jeweler's copy for replacement. I am interested in hearing what anyone thinks.
    This 5th Class VM cross is a post war copy. Looks like an early Panasiuk. Some of these were legitimately used by veterans as replacements.

I appreciate the spirit in which you asked your questions, and hopefully you won’t be too disheartened by some of the not-so-good news. This website exists to help avoid some of these pitfalls, so we look forward to your continued participation here.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Spot on Mr "T" !!

I believe these were commissioned as "representitive" items by the Museum ..

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Sorry. And I know the feeling, believe me.

I think Gary may have called this particular badge the "Hartenstein copy". Don't quote me, but these may have some connection to the airborne museum in Oosterbeek, Holland.

Regards,
    Tony

DaBear
    ?

Thanks T. It was pretty much as I expected. I was pleased about the 2nd Warsaw. I was pretty sure about about the 1st Armoured, but thought I'd check it out. I was pleasantly surprised about the 3DSK printed. I put those on here in the hope my suspicions were wrong. The pre-39 badges were very nice, but without a number or stamp, I assumed they were Panasiuk at best. They were not big investments.

I appreciate everyone's input. I am not discouraged too much. The happy news was the printed cloth and the 2nd Warsaw.

Thanks!

Dear Guys,

Can anyone help me with this badge that ive had in my collection for a while. i bought it some time ago on ebay. Do you think its good or bad

Page 26 of 144 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast