Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hi guys just two more, i bought these from the professor about 3 years ago. I cant get a definitive answer from anyone on these two, due to the fact that they were apparently produced in a variety of ways ie cast struck etc. Any thoughts, i would be very grateful, as i have taken them out of my cabinet.
    Robert

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Hi guys just two more, i bought these from the professor about 3 years ago. I cant get a definitive answer from anyone on these two, due to the fact that they were apparently produced in a variety of ways ie cast struck etc. Any thoughts, i would be very grateful, as i have taken them out of my cabinet.
    Robert
    Hello Robert,

I’ve moved your question about these two crosses over to the pre-war section:

Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses

Regards
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

FAB
    ?

A Question about a 2nd Warsaw Armour Div. badge on ebay. Do not know how to post the link but the auction # is 360277226715. The badge seems to have some bumps on the number 2 on it, like casting slag. So is the badge original and if so, are the bubbles normal. Thanks in advance.
    Best,
    Rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Dear Guys,

Can anyone help me with this badge that ive had in my collection for a while. i bought it some time ago on ebay. Do you think its good or bad
    The Mostowa badge has to be examined very carefully as Ali Baba has produced some very good copies which have been sold in Poland..
    It is very hard to tell from the photos as its only in the details that you can really tell the difference. In the case of the Mostowa one way to tell the difference is on the sides...the indententaions of the original one is much clearer and precise, and the outer edge is nearly perfect..while the copy has a rougher edge..I am sorry I dont have the exact weight of an original one as recommended, but I will see if I can take mine out of its frame and weigh it. In the meantime would be helpful to use a macro lens to get a detail of the sides..as well as the base of the thread...
    i hope this was useful
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Quote by FAB View Post
    A Question about a 2nd Warsaw Armour Div. badge on ebay. Do not know how to post the link but the auction # is 360277226715. The badge seems to have some bumps on the number 2 on it, like casting slag. So is the badge original and if so, are the bubbles normal. Thanks in advance.
    Best,
    Rick
    Hi Rick,

Overall the badge does look OK. But I agree with you that those surface imperfections are problematic - especially if they are convex 'bumps'. They may actually be small depressions (dents) from bumping up against another hard object though.

The seller doesn't post a picture showing the reverse face, which doesn't help. And I am not heen on the freshly trimmed appearance of the backing fabric. The mounting post and spinner look fine.

Overall it remains a risky purchase without better photographs. And not all of this seller's items are genuine (the 16th Amoured Brigade badge, for example).

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

FAB
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Rick,

Overall the badge does look OK. But I agree with you that those surface imperfections are problematic - especially if they are convex 'bumps'. They may actually be small depressions (dents) from bumping up against another hard object though.

The seller doesn't post a picture showing the reverse face, which doesn't help. And I am not heen on the freshly trimmed appearance of the backing fabric. The mounting post and spinner look fine.

Overall it remains a risky purchase without better photographs. And not all of this seller's items are genuine (the 16th Amoured Brigade badge, for example).

Regards,
    Tony
    Hello Tony
    Thank You for taking the time to reply. The bumps really make the badge look bad IMPO. For the money I will wait for one I will be happy with. Would rather pay retail for a good one than a bargin for a possible dud. Thanks again.
    Best,
    Rick

Hi Rick, Patience is a virtue. It is always best to pass if there’s any lingering doubts, especially if the badge is relatively common as this one is. A good one will be up on the market before too long.

Regards,
    Tony

Vladanator
    ?

I saw this listing on ebay and wanted advice to see if the article is genuine. It would appear to be genuine article. An second opinion is always desirable.
    Regards,
    Serge
    Ludwikow WZ.34 Polish Cavalry Sword Poland # Scabbard - eBay (item 270606457968 end time Jul-21-10 19:45:45 PDT)

Quote by Vladanator View Post
    I saw this listing on ebay and wanted advice to see if the article is genuine. It would appear to be genuine article. An second opinion is always desirable.
    Regards,
    Serge
    Ludwikow WZ.34 Polish Cavalry Sword Poland # Scabbard - eBay (item 270606457968 end time Jul-21-10 19:45:45 PDT)
    hi

the blade and sword look 100% okay to me, this is the first time i have a scabbard changed in this way. Have you asked the seller if he knows about the history of it? Maybe it was a trophy keep sake personalised by the soldier that acquired it. i doubt if had been a Russian/communist as putting on one's coat of arms during the communist era would have been a very dangerous thing to do.
    Rob

Hello Serge, and welcome to the forum,

The saber appears entirely genuine, other than that garish paint job on the scabbard of course. But it is numbers matching, which is important with these sabers. Also important is the blade condition. While pitted does appears to have its original edge. And nice to see an intact un-messed with hilt with original wood grips.

For some reason these wz.34 “Ludwikowki” are regularly held up as being ultra rare. While they certainly are not common by any stretch they are encountered on the market no less frequently than the other major pre-war Polish saber model – the wz.21/22 by Borowski.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast