Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 144 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hello!

What do you think about 15P.Ulanow badge listed now on allegro.pl Spinner looks bad, but I don't know anything about this version of badge. Maybe someone have good pohotos of 100% genuine one?

15 Pu

Best Regards

Hi Michal,

The badge looks OK to me. I don’t see too much wrong with the spinner. It has the familiar die break with the chatter striking of some of the lettering in the makers name and looks spot on good. Any other thoughts?

Here are the auction pics for the record.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello!

I marked things which i don't like with this spinner.

Best Regards

I think you are pointing out the “chatter” that is present on many of these spinners with the die break. This is the consequence of stamping using the broken die. The spinner looks entirely OK to me, but maybe I’m missing something.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello!

Tony look at stamping near the C letters and between R and L. I know that this type of spinner is with die break, but look at genuine one:

Best Regards

Michal, I do see what you mean. While have no explanation for that additional little mark, this doesn’t really give me great cause for concern. If you look very closely at the other spinner you posted there may just be the faintest sign of this same mark, although it is obscured by oxidation. Difficult to say for certain. I’ll check some of my P&B’s for this mark. In any event, aside from this the spinner still looks quite good, and certainly much better than fakes I have seen.

Fellows
    I like the 15U - one we talking about.

To my knowledge there had been 3 versions: 1) Egyptian, 2) P&B and 3) unknown maker - also with signatures

Over years i have only seen variant 1 and 2 and never 3
    I am actually planning to research literature available to establish the likely numbers of various types of badges given. I know that Sikorski's institute has extensive records of 15U.

One of my theories is that P&B badges had been made for the soldiers who joined the regiment and just by the end of the war and also after. There was a large nr of new-comers into the 5KDP

From the Ulan Poznanski (quarterly booklet published in London) i have learned that the last decoration took part in mid 1946 - so i think the P&B badge must had been used.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . I am actually planning to research literature available to establish the likely numbers of various types of badges given. I know that Sikorski's institute has extensive records of 15U. . .
    Please keep us posted with your findings. There is very little published information, at least from what I've been able to unearth, regarding production statistics of the exile badges. Definitely a most fascinating topic for all of us collectors.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . One of my theories is that P&B badges had been made for the soldiers who joined the regiment and just by the end of the war and also after. There was a large nr of new-comers into the 5KDP

From the Ulan Poznanski (quarterly booklet published in London) i have learned that the last decoration took part in mid 1946 - so i think the P&B badge must had been used.
    I agree. Quite obviously, the Italian makers were producing badges for the Poles after the Germans were expelled from Italy. The strange thing is that I have encountered many more of the Minassian Cairo 15PU badges than post war made P&B’s. These latter ones seem to be very scarce, hinting at relatively low production quantities.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Interesting ! ... a one piece cast in silver ...

Gary J.

Page 38 of 144 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast