Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 144 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Moved from pre-WW2 section at member’s request:

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Dear Forum members

I was hoping if any of you would be able to advise as to what to look out for when buying the Polish navy medals
    Medal handlowy & medal marynarki

Attached is a picture taken from Allegro currently for sale of a medal Marynarki. Is this genuine?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Some 4th "Skorpion" Armoured Regiment insignia on Allegro

A very nice original breast badge, collar pennon and beret badge (not 110% sure on the latter though)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi i have seen this auction but i was wondering what the numbering on the back of the badge is as it looks put on by an owner as opposed to being original to the item. What do you think?

I agree the number stamping and style appears irregular but this isn't an issue for me personally on this badge although I haven't seen a low number "3" stamped on another badge before to compare against—mine start with 400's.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hello!

Breast badge and beret badge are not genuine. Only collar pennon can be good, but i'm not sure, without better photos it is hard to tell something.

Best Regards

Angry Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Attachment 179997Attachment 179998Attachment 179999Attachment 180000Attachment 180001Attachment 180002Dear Colleagues i want to bring to your attention these two shoulder tabs currently on Allegro being sold by a guy called Effendi.
    These two tabs are fakes/copies how do i know? Well, i sold them to him recently on ebay listed as copies. I originally bought them on ebay from a well known collector who tried the same trick, i fell for it at the start of my collecting career. Please be aware that the seller is listing them as genuine. THESE ARE FAKES

The first two pictures are from Allegro the rest from my pictures used on ebay.

Rob

Hi guys,
    What do you think about this "Wiewiórka"?

1st Polish armoured division shoulder patch - eBay (item 290535022246 end time Feb-22-11 15:18:41 PST)

I've seen this pattern only once and I've been wondering if it's a genuine badge.

Regards,
    Tom

Hello,
    I have never seen such a arm badge on a battledress, service dress or coat. Even on pictures...
    Ze-Pole

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Hi guys,
    What do you think about this "Wiewiórka"? . . .
    Quote by ze-pole View Post
    Hello,
    I have never seen such a arm badge on a battledress, service dress or coat. Even on pictures...
    Posted below is the insignia in question. I agree with ze-pole. This strange distorted version has been referred to as “petehal type” which is a reference to a known purveyor of problematic WW2 insignia that has offered these for sale. Stay away from this one!

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello
    Very interested in hearing opinions on this strange beret
    Thank you

WW2 POLISH Paratroopers BERET Lieutenant With EAGLE! - eBay (item 120689923847 end time Mar-06-11 13:01:27 PST)

Page 40 of 144 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast