Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 144 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Some Polish websites give a number of 49 up to 53 Virtuti Militari of all classes awarded to Japanese.

Quote by prezesdel View Post
    Lately, I came across this 3rd class VM cross. It is in gilt and enamels, 42.5x44.4mm, unmarked, but of typical WWII period English manufacture, slightly worn, in very fine condition. What do you think of it?
    Hi prezesdel and welcome to the forum.
    This cross is a copy, and appears to be a Panasiuk product. I am not aware of any British manufacturers of the 3rd class of the VM. A sufficient quanity of unawarded 3rd class crosses were evacuated from Poland in 1939 to meet the requirements of the wartime exiled Polish government.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony,
    Only Spinks & Son and a manufacturer in Italy were making all classes of VM during and after the WWII. I do have one 3rd class cross evacuated from Poland in 1939.
    regards,
    Michael

And with regards to Polish Orders awarded to Japanese officials, I have a Commander Cross with Star of the Order of Poland Restored. Unfortunately, I have no idea who it was awarded to... Any clues where I could find a list of Japanese recipients of the Order of Poland Restored?
    regards,
    Michael

Hi Michael, I have yet to see a 3rd Class made by Spink, or Picchiani & Barlacchi. I have seen the other grades though. If you have any photographs please post.

Also, please post pics of your pre-war 3rd Class cross in the Virtuti Militari thread over in the Polish Second Republic section of the forum. We'd all love to see it. Congratulations on owning one of these rare crosses!

Lastly, re the Commander Cross with Star of the Order of Poland Restored, our resident archivist Andrzejku may have a list in his comprehensive reference library. Just curious, but how do you know it was awarded to a Japanese official without an award document? Is there Japanese script on the box similar to the 4th class VM discussed earlier?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Tony,
    Unfortunately, my posts have been removed for some reason.., However, I have posted again some pics of my 3rd Class VM in the 2nd Rep forum. Also, in the same forum, in the Order of Poland Restored thread, I have posted pics of the Japanese script.
    best regards,
    Michael

Quote by prezesdel View Post
    Unfortunately, my posts have been removed for some reason..,
    Hi Michael,

I noticed something strange going on yesterday when briefly logged on and spotting your new posts. Your comments did actually get posted (for a while anyway), yet this was not recorded in your post count. Time constraints did not allow me to look into this further. If this should happen again please let me know and I will alert our technical support staff.

Thanks for persevering and re-posting. I look forward to checking them out shortly . . .

Regards,
    Tony

?

beautiful VM
    Last edited by 22Coy; 05-07-2012 at 03:22 AM.

This 9 Ulan badge is being sold by someone who sold a nice 1st Armoured Anti Tank Brigade badge recently. What do you think of the 9 Ulan badge?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Many thanks

James
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    This 9 Ulan badge is being sold by someone who sold a nice 1st Armoured Anti Tank Brigade badge recently. What do you think of the 9 Ulan badge?. . .
    Hi James,

It looks A-OK to me.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 59 of 144 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 ... LastLast