Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    It screams FAKE!
    Thanks for the confirmation. Your time is appreciated. James

Not only screaming, but screaming through a bullhorn. Here’s a genuine example. There were several variations (different maker stamps, spinners) but the Swiss quality remained consistent.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony - as ever many many thanks for taking the time to reply and post photographs. Put side by side it is absolutely obvious that this is a fake. As you say bullhorn. But in the UK we would say megaphone - strange eh!

Many thanks

James

Hello,
    Can somebody identify which unit would be this man from ?

eBay | Pay book polonais, poland, psk,1st polish armoured division, normandie,Falaise

Thank you.
    ZP

Hello
    Seller wrote in the title of the auction - PSK = Pulk Strzelcow Konnych.
    It means 10th Mounted Rifles Regiment.

In Polish Paybook (another auction) you can read a stamp:... Lekka Kompania Zaopatrzenia (Light Supply Coy).

Greetings
    Rafal

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    Hello,
    Can somebody identify which unit would be this man from ?

eBay | Pay book polonais, poland, psk,1st polish armoured division, normandie,Falaise

Thank you.
    ZP

Hello,
    Thank you for answering.
    But I am afraid the seller wanted to write PSZ and not PSK. I didn't find the name of the paybook in listing for 10th PSK.
    Friendly
    ZP

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Any views on this bayonet...good, bad, indifferent on item or estimate?
    Poland. WZ22/29 Mauser bayonet. Marked Perkun. With sheath.
    Estimate:
    £25 - £40
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Need better photos to give a good opinion. Both sides of the blade, close up of the pommel (any stamps) and ricasso. Cosmoline wiped off the blade. But the price seems OK.

According to the old smithy site the wz.1922 was not marked Perkun. It should not have a flash guard and was a bit of a thin flimsy blade.

Markings:

Pommel - sometimes marked WZ22

Right ricasso - typically Zbr 4 (armoury #4 in Krakow), however you can also get Zbr. Nr.4, Zb.Kr (rare) or Zbr.4 over Krakow (very rare)

Left ricasso - Polish eagle over W.P, (Wojsko Polskie = Polish Army)

Re the wz.1929 which the old smithy site say were renamed wz.28 bayonets - The wz.1928 has a flash guard and a muzzle ring, also made without the flash guard. This bayonet was made by PERKUN

To me it looks like a wz.22 but as I said better photos needed to be sure. The Perkun stamp would rule it out according to old smithy but maybe that site is wrong.

Gentlemen

This veterans jacket is on ebay. It seems to have a 11 Batalion Łączności pocket badge. The Monte Cassino cross number is 40833. I wonder if this is basically a sound group or has it been put together for display purposes?

Many thanks

James

VERY RARE WWII POLAND POLISH 2nd CORPS FORMATION UNIFORM WITH MEDALS AND BERET | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Hi James,

When I first noticed the items on ebay, I noticed that there was no photograph of the reverse of the Monte Cassino Cross or mention of the number, so I contacted the seller and he provided me with a photograph of the reverse and updated the details on ebay.

The tunic has 3DSK cloth badge and rank for a Kapral, below are the details of the individual awarded the Monte Cassino Cross which I provided to the seller but when I last looked, he had not put them on the ebay item.

Surname: PAULINSKI

Christian Name: Piotr

Date of Birth: 1914

Army Number: 1914-177-III

Unit: 11 Baon Lacznosci (11th Signals Battalion).

Piotr Paulinski served in Italy 1944-1945, demobbed came to the UK. then in 1952 left Southampton for New York.

Thats all that I could find out on him.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast