Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 144 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hi Andrzejku
    Thanks very much for all of that information. There seems to be the crossed swords form a merit cross on the uniform. Is there a way of verifying if he was awarded the merit cross?
    Thanks for your help and comments
    All the best
    James

Hi James,

The only way would be to contact the Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum in London and ask them to check, but be prepared to wait anything upto 3 to 4 Months for a reply.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thanks, that's a great idea. I can probably call in next time I'm in London if they will let me do it face to face.
    regards
    James

Hi James,

If they are not to busy and you ask to use the reading room and ask if it is possible to see if the recipient was awarded the Cross of Merit with swords, plus you could also ask to see the folders containing the alphabetical lists of the 2nd Corps Soldiers awarded the Army Medal (Medal Wojska), there are different folders for the dates of the award ranging from awards announced on the: 16th April 1946, 22nd September 1946, 1st July 1947, 16th September 1947, 26th November 1947, 31st January 1948.

I would have thought that his award would be in the files relating to the 2 dates in 1946.

Anyway best of Luck James

Andrzejku

Attachment 419026Thanks Andrzejku and everyone for your comments on this uniform and medals.

Now another question

4th Skorpion beret badges for sale on Allegro. Are they OK?

http://allegro.pl/4-pulk-pancerny-sk...754017649.html
    and
    http://allegro.pl/4-pulk-pancerny-sk...754017845.html

What do you think? This guy has been selling quite a lot of 4th Skorpion badges over the last few weeks

Regards

James
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

10 Hussar Beret Badge - 10 Pulk Huzarów

Gentlemen - this badge is for sale on Allegro - what do you think? The same person has a number of interesting badges for sale.
    http://allegro.pl/odznaka-10-pulk-hu...771623377.html

Some look good not sure about the rest.

Thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Hello!

Sorry, in my opinion 10 Hussar's beret badge is ugly fake. I saw 100% genuine example and it was different made.

Best Regards

Thanks MichalMag and I have my doubts about the rest of the things this person is selling. Regards James

A parachute group on ebay. I'm afraid I just don't seem to be able to get my head round the parachute badges. This one isn't numbered so does this make it a copy? I hope not as it looks like a very nice group
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

The beret looks a modern copy. The Medals look nice but they could be easily put together. The badge looks like a copy I bought myself at the Hartenstein Hotel in Holland... No original paperwork or photos. The group is very far away from being worth 1750 pounds...

Page 65 of 144 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast