Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 144 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    I was wondering what your thoughts are on the Professors latest offering the Honour Guard Salamander. I haven't heard of any honour guards wearing the non salamanderised helmets and im wondering whether this is just an unfinished example

Here is the link can someone put on some pictures please
    Hi Robert, the pictures will not load on the auction site. A question more suited to the pre-WW2 section of the forum, but let's roll ahead. As far as the seller's assertion that these "never sand blasted" (?!) versions were produced for honour guard service, I've never found any printed or photographic evidence to support this claim. Plain lacquered finished helmets (without the cork additive) were produced in limited quantity, and it is possible this could be a rare survivor. One would need to very carefully evaluate the originality of the finish. Needless to say, the market has many refinished shells, a good proportion of which are done so in a manner to deceive potential buyers into thinking that the finish is original.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Bad !!!

Gary J.

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    A pair of Parachute collars on ebay still on uniform collars. I don't like them but am I correct?

WW2 Polish Parachute Brigade Collar Badges | eBay

Thanks Gary, I thought so but confirmation is always appreciated.

All the best

James

Hello,
    There will a book online for the auction at Caen (in next june), and this direct link will be ready on next 15th february here :

Calendrier-Calendar - AIOLFI & PARTNERS

Best regards.
    Ze-Pole

1° D.B. Polonaise du Général Maczek

Hello,
    Seen today :
    WWII Polish 1st Armoured Division Jacket | eBay
    Bye.
    Ze-Pole

Hello!

It look to be nice genuine uniform unfortunatety don't have money to spend now

Best Regards

Posting some of the auction pics for posterity. Some interesting ‘continental style’ tailoring details. Has the French type eagle on the epaulette buttons, yet British buttons elsewhere. Also interesting to note the use of British made metal rank stars on the black epaulette with bullion thread for the right side rank stars. Good looking Supply Corps pennons. Agreed with Michal, this SD looks OK.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Gentlemen

Some interesting items for sale on Allegro

Maid of Warsaw Tarcza z syrenka pszz (3099249236) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Deaths Head Arm badge of 1 PAMOT of 1 Armoured Division odznaka pszz (3099250544) - Allegro.pl - Wi

2 Pulk Pancerny odznaka pszz (3099258829) - Allegro.pl - Wi

All rubbish?
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 
    Last edited by jamest8; 03-15-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Any thoughts on these items for sale on Allegro?

Many thanks

James

Hello.
    I don't feel the arm badge for the 1rst PaMot...
    Probably the other members will give you correct points ov vue about these badges.
    ZP

Page 68 of 144 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast