Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 72 of 144 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

Put-to-gether using an unissued wing from what I can see.

?

Thanks Gary, still a bargain! Can you confirm that the shoulder titles are genuine?

Hi Luc, The shoulder titles are modern. Gary is correct, this is a recreation, not a period original BD worn by a veteran of the division.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you Tony.

You’re welcome Luc. Overall not bad buy. For the money you have a genuine unissued parachute badge which have sold for this price alone. The bonus is what likely was an unissued WW2 BD blouse that had been badged up and is suitable for display or reenactment.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Default not

Personally, I'm not over impressed by this helmet.
    1) The colour.
    2) The Eagle type.
    3) The leather liner - even though marked BMB 1942 - Looks to be far too deep in the liner.

Gary J.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

?

That is not a fibre rim helmet shell, but a later pattern with an added rim. Fibre rim shells have a curved bottom and no steel band as found on the HSAT MkI and MkII. Also, the sorbo seems rather thin for the size and the leather straps are replicas.

Hi Guys,
    I've come across this SBSK badge (aka Tobruk badge) no. 3711 yesterday Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Karpackich (4066351559) - Allegro.pl - Wi and I've been wondering what are your thoughts on this one. I think the dot on the bolt might indicate the badge was cast. Moreover there were at least two other SBSK badges with numbers differing exactly by 100 put up for sale within a year. This is quite a coincidence, which is rather suspicious ain't it? Here is the link to the auction of the badge no 3911: Odznaka Tobruk (B.S.K) (3857922449) - Allegro.pl - Wi . I don't have any pics of the badge no. 3811 but I can recall it being offered several times at Allegro ( Odznaka Tobruk srebrna nr 3811 - Archiwum Allegro ) and the bad impression I had about it.
    I don't want to be a prophet of doom in this case but I'm afraid it might be a similar case to the SBSK badge no. 0886 or the Monte Cassino Cross no. 12 397...

Regards,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

One can never be too cautious in this hobby, and you certainly bring up a 'red flag' worth looking into.

Let's get pictures of these uploaded as the links are only temporary.

As far as 3711, if it's a fake then it's a darn good one. The distinctive spinner is the correct type. I'd be inclined to say this one is genuine:

3911 also has good characteristics (spinner included), although it would be good to see a picture of the reverse with the spinner removed. There should be no .800 silver proof on this one as it visible a silver plated brass version:

And for the record, here's the well known fake 0886 you mention. The sloppy union of the threaded post is a dead giveaway:

Regards,
    Tony

Page 72 of 144 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 ... LastLast