Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 73 of 144 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Hello Everyone,

I just thought that you might like to view a British Distinguished Service Medal Group sold last Tuesday by DNW in London.

Awarded to St. Bosman Mieczyslaw Maslakowski, ORP Blyskawica, Operation Torch 12th November 1943 (North Africa). Award approved by Admiralty Fleet Order 1311. 89/44 dated 16th March 1944.

The Hammer Price was £4,700.00p.

Double click to enlarge photograph

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello Everyone,

Another Auction Item that was also sold by DNW last Tuesday was this Monte Cassino Cross Group.

Double click to enlarge in a new window

DNW listed this group as being awarded to Porucznik Dr. Jan Roszek, a pre war Ppor. rez. with 40PP, Born 5th June 1896, listed in the Reserve Officers Yearbook of 1934, served with 2nd Polish Corps in Italy Head Quarters Ordnance Depot and that he died in 1972.

I have been able to find out a little bit more information than they where able to.

Army Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1896-91-III

Married Barbara Maria Jaworska (Died in Brent, London, 16th December 1992)

Awarded the Military M.B.E. in 1946 whilst a Kapitan (Captain),which DNW did not know and became a British Subject on the 3rd December 1956 whilst working as a Office Manager & Book-Keeper. London Gazette Issue Number 40977, Published 15th January 1957.

Doctor Jan Stanislaw Roszek died in Brent in 1974.

It is amazing what we part time researchers can find in about 30 Minutes.

Some one has got themselves a very nice group, for £190.00p

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I just thought that you might like to view a British Distinguished Service Medal Group sold last Tuesday by DNW in London.

Awarded to St. Bosman Mieczyslaw Maslakowski, ORP Blyskawica, Operation Torch 12th November 1943 (North Africa). Award approved by Admiralty Fleet Order 1311. 89/44 dated 16th March 1944.

The Hammer Price was £4,700.00p.

Double click to enlarge photograph

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Very, distinguished and rare group. Thanks for posting
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

DNW is a great auction house, I am really unlucky with them is that everytime I bid on something I come second... They had some great Polish groupings over the years, mostly Polish Air Force. Spink Auction is also a good one that sometimes has some great Polish groups.

Forgot to mention DNW has a great search engine and you can search past catalogues for Polish groups and what they sold for in the particular year. I usually type in Poland instead of Polish or the particular Polish medal.

1st Rifle Brigade Breast Badge on ebay
    WW2 Polish exile forces - 1st Rifle Brigade Breast Badge 100% Original | eBay
    Here are some pics of the 1st Rifle Brigade Breast Badge on ebay

The post has been repaired but that aside is it real?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

Hi James,

I do not like it. I do not like the spinner either. See a photo of a genuine badge. The post has not been repaired. The globs of metal are leftovers from clumsy welding.

Best,
    Kosa

Hi Kosa, it certainly is very different to your real example. It is so helpful to see questionable ones alongside the real thing. Many thanks for posting it.

All the best

James

Polish - 3DSK - Tobruk. 10 medal group. plus loads of paperwork including certs. | eBay

I wonder under what circumstances this serviceman was awarded the Grunwald Berlin badge 1945 for victory over Germany which I thought was only awarded to those that took part in Berling's Polish army under USSR command? Or was it also awarded to those who served in the Polish Army of the West if they returned to Poland after WWII?

The man's service history from MoD does not indicate he took part in the campaign by Polish forces in the east under the Red Army?

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

James, the badge I posted is a military workshop example. Poles used to assemble some of the badges at workshops in Scotland.
    I am of an opinion that the badge on ebay is to dupe newbie collectors with the overall “workshop” appearance. As you can see in the pictures there are no rivets they used to put the badge together. I consider it a red flag and would stay away from it.

Best,
    Kosa

Page 73 of 144 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast