Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 75 of 144 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

By the way, I used to know a few former 2nd Polish Corps servicemen who returned to Poland. None of them got the Grunwald Berlin badge but some of them were awarded Polish state decorations in the 80's after they joined ZBoWiD.

Quote by kosa View Post
    Stefan, maybe he did not have to convince the commies. Maybe he was a pre-war leftist...
    Not sure that would explain it because Stalin had already arrested and deported the official prewar Polish communist party officials so being a leftist would not IMO have meant this would put a former 2PolCorp soldier above suspicion of being an agent of Anders especially considering in 1947 the Polish communists had still not wrested total control of the country from the various Polish independentist factions which the communists accused of being supported by Anders from the West. It is a curiosity.

Quote by kosa View Post
    By the way, I used to know a few former 2nd Polish Corps servicemen who returned to Poland. None of them got the Grunwald Berlin badge but some of them were awarded Polish state decorations in the 80's after they joined ZBoWiD.
    Mirrors my experience also.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by StefanM View Post
    (...)It is a curiosity.
    It is. Maybe he was a Soviet spy in the 2nd Polish Corps. Without knowing his background we are just guessing.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Amazing price for post war set!

Polish Parachute Wings and Letter | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    Last edited by Gary J; 05-12-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Default Para helmet real or fake?

?

The original paint has been removed ... THEN the eagle has been applied .....
    Not good. .... More than likely a modified re-enactor piece.

Odznaka Samodzielnej Brygady Strzelców Karpackich (4213620915) - Allegro.pl - Wi The silver SBSK badge no. 589 sold for 1027 PLN. Fancy that! I guess it's a new price record for the SBSK badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 
    Last edited by Gary J; 05-13-2014 at 02:16 PM.

?

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Odznaka Samodzielnej Brygady Strzelców Karpackich (4213620915) - Allegro.pl - Wi The silver SBSK badge no. 589 sold for 1027 PLN. Fancy that! I guess it's a new price record for the SBSK badge.
    1027 PLN for a badge without the award document...

Gentlemen
    Here is a nice Sapper badge for sale on Allegro. It looks good to me but is it?
    Odznaka Grupy Saper
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Hi!

I am sure about one thing with this badge: there is new screw attached in place of the original element. Spinner looks to be ok.

Best Regards
    Michal

Page 75 of 144 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast