Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 144 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

They look good to me too. Thanks
    Regards,
    Maciek

Hi Guys

I just came across this officers SD tunic, it has recieved some bids and already is close to the $300 USD mark.

Orig WWII Polish Armored Officers Tunic w Ribbons and Insignia | eBay

I think it is a very well made put together tunic.
    Firstly the ribbons are post war, the VM ribbons looks like one of those PRL 1970's ones, the Polish Army Medal ribbon is a London 1970's one. I don't like the second award bar on the Cross of Valour at all.
    Second, it is supposed to be a English made tunic however it has pre-war buttons, should have London made buttons.
    The Poland titles look like those well made copies on ebay from 6thjune insignia.
    Third, I was always led to believe all troops in 1st Armoured Division exept General Maczek had pennants on their collars, this sports standard collar tabs.

If anyone on the forum is bidding on it please take this information into account.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Hi Nick, I have added the pics to your post as e bay links die over time.

I cannot comment on the ribbons. But the buttons look just like my English made examples? We need to see the backs of these to confirm.

The lack of a name to the label is also a concern.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    I think it is a very well made put together tunic. Nick
    It is but it's not a fake. I am of an opinion that it is a veteran's tunic. That's why it's well made.

Best,
    Kosa

Hello,
    I arrived too late... I just learnt the link :

2Pulk pancerny Oyrginalny Battle dress beret dokum (5133449636) - Allegro.pl - Wi

A very complete named grouping...
    ZP

Hi ZP, let’s get the pics posted here before the Allegro auction link dies. A promising looking BD grouping, and quite complete. Although the item description says “badge unfortunately missing”, yet it is pictured with the award document. The BD is one of the very few I’ve seen with the Bevo weave 1st Armoured Div. sleeve flash.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Great grouping!
    But would be sad if the seller means the badge, that is missing from the picture with award document..
    Perhaps he lost the badge trough the years or he selled the badge seperately.. but this would mean that he break the grouping into pieces an that is always sad...
    Just my two cents of course.

Still a fantastic grouping!!

Rgrds

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Jump wings and collar pennons on eBay.

WW2? Polish INDEPENDANT PARACHUTE BRIGADE Fighter BADGE - RARE !!! | eBay
    Original WW2 Polish Poland Paraschute cloth collar patches 1 SBS | eBay

The wings are from a seller that sells quite a lot of fakes but are these anywhere near the real thing.

The collar patches are said to be original in the title of the auction but in the text the seller says he has no idea. What is the verdict on both items

Many thanks

James

Hi.
    Unfortunatelly both items are post WW II fakes/copies.
    Rafal

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Jump wings and collar pennons on eBay.

WW2? Polish INDEPENDANT PARACHUTE BRIGADE Fighter BADGE - RARE !!! | eBay
    Original WW2 Polish Poland Paraschute cloth collar patches 1 SBS | eBay

The wings are from a seller that sells quite a lot of fakes but are these anywhere near the real thing.

The collar patches are said to be original in the title of the auction but in the text the seller says he has no idea. What is the verdict on both items

Many thanks

James

Thanks Sunday. I thought they probably were. Both look as though they are going to make some good money on eBay

Page 78 of 144 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast