Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 84 of 144 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

All badges seem to be poor copies. For sure Polish Air Force squadron badges. Also para badge as Gary wrote.

many thanks for your opinion.. this forum its a nice refernce tool in this "copy" times.

regards
    Arek

Hello,
    For me, good.
    casque anglais dat
    ZP

Love to hear your comments on this one guys.
    To me, it looks allright, but i have no experiences with the Bakelite signs..

Number of the Monte Cassino cross is 39 112.

Thank you!

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Looks good to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Pieter,

I also agree with Ade, the MCC Nr 39112 was awarded to:

Surname: KARPOWICZ

Christian Name: JOZEF

Date of Birth: 1902

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1902-117-III

Unit: 10 Baon Saperow Korpusu (Corps 10th Engineers Batalion)

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you very much guys ;
    i appreciate your answers huge!

But i missed this one.. i asked 2 times to the seller to have more information about the small research that he provide in the group and also a picture from the number that is not visible on the photographs; first time he said 'will do', and sent nothing,
    second time he said oké and sent nothing to me... I said also that i had great intrest.
    The third time he said this grouping is sold to a dealer.. questions rise to me when you do business like this ...

It is so irritating when someone closes an auction early. I doubt the seller will have got the best price from a dealer. Genuine collectors miss out again

I got the same feeling about this one jamest8.
    Especially considering that it was a "buy it now auction" and the seller just did not give me additional information (for two days!!) until he explained that he sold it to a dealer.

Now I just hope that the grouping does not get taken apart and is sold separately; and that it founds a good home to a collector in one piece.

Rgrds,
    Pieter.

Pieter, someone may have been trying to scam you by using an image of items not in their ownership. This technique is nothing new in militaria circles. These items were part of an auction held this past week in the UK, not something available somewhere as a Buy It Now. The lot sold for 140GBP:

WW2 Monte Cassino Medal and Insignia Grouping, consisting of 1939-45 star, Africa star with 8th A

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 84 of 144 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast