Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 95 of 144 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Well its a British bush jacket worn by officers. I have not come across white naval ones. I flipped through my books on Polish ships that served in the Med and cannot find a photo of worn being worn. The first ribbon does look similar to a Polish Navy medal I just dont like the white lines. They should not be as thick. Are the buttons English made?

Nick

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    Well its a British bush jacket worn by officers. I have not come across white naval ones. I flipped through my books on Polish ships that served in the Med and cannot find a photo of worn being worn. The first ribbon does look similar to a Polish Navy medal I just dont like the white lines. They should not be as thick. Are the buttons English made?

Nick
    Hallo Thank You very much for answer. Yesterday I spent few hours digging all my sources and found nothing. Inside of 20 books I didnt found even similar Item. What ringing my bell is lack of any size as well. Strange if year code is there. Ribbons showing polish navy medal, atlantic star and africa star if I remember. As per owner from submarine operated in medditeranian sea but cannot find any proof so I gave up on it.

Hello Orson00,

I have been able to find the following photographs taken in Scotland on the return of survivors of the ORP Kujawiak sunk by a mine in the Med, coming ashore at Greenock still wearing their Tropical Kit, 24th June 1942.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hallo,
    Thanks for reply, I have this pictures and I'm not sure but looks like normal shirts for me. On my vessel I have similar english merchant fleet tropical set which include white short trouses made from same material like this bush jacket but shirt is just normal shirt..But its a merchant not navy so .. I really would like to catch this item and will try to find some more.
    Thanks a lot

Default 1st Armoured division patch

Hi folks,

Came across this one;

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Love to hear yours opinions guys!
    Many thanx so far;
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Hello,
    I would say it is a good one.
    ZP

Hello Pieter, I agree with ZP. A genuine example.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you very much for the opinions gentlemen .

Hello,
    A strange but authentic service dress :

WW2 Service Dress polonais / 1

Look at the patch collars, they are not in the good way (black and green and not green and black).
    Interesting.
    ZP

Hello Ze-Pole,

I hope you do not mind me taking the liberty of posting a photograph of the Service Dress Tunic for all to see has the link will not show anything after the auction ends.

Click the photograph to enlarge in a new page.

I would also like to point out that the 2nd and 3rd rows of ribbon bars have been incorrectly attached whether or not this was done by the original owner of the tunic St.Sierz. Tadeusz J Bogdanowicz, we do not know, but any soldier would know of the correct order to place his service ribbons.

P.S. Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered 11716 (although the ribbon of the virtuti Militari shown seems to have a small star on it), KW x 2.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 95 of 144 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 ... LastLast